Time to transplant?

derek910

I'm curious if it's time to transplant these yet? First time in soil. Tried my hand at hydro and ended up with root rot
420-magazine-mobile2145257722.jpg
420-magazine-mobile17898678.jpg

I'd wait in my opinion. I'm still a newbie but I'm about a week ahead of you and my kids are still in pong cups. Check out my grow on my signature. I'll be updating in a couple hours and you can see where. Mine are.

✌️

Gerry

That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure. These popped on Tuesday and I've seen you're supposed to transplant when the leaves reach the edges of the cup. They're really close to the edges. These are Blue Dream and I hope I'm more successful this time

That's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure. These popped on Tuesday and I've seen you're supposed to transplant when the leaves reach the edges of the cup. They're really close to the edges. These are Blue Dream and I hope I'm more successful this time

I've subbed to a few grows that are similar to mine in setup and media. Reading through other people's grow journals affords you to learn about different phases of growth. Including problems. There are a ton of people here that have extensive knowledge and experience. We're definitely in the right place.

I'm gonna follow your grow

G

I've subbed to a few grows that are similar to mine in setup and media. Reading through other people's grow journals affords you to learn about different phases of growth. Including problems. There are a ton of people here that have extensive knowledge and experience. We're definitely in the right place.

I'm gonna follow your grow

G

I'll keep posting pictures and the status of the plant, nutes, feeding schedule, etc ...

So got home from work today and roots were coming out of the bottom. I transplanted them in 7 gallon smart pots. I watered them around the stem and just a little bit wider than the cups they were in. Should I water the whole pot or just work my way outward as they grow?
420-magazine-mobile2105173662.jpg

So the transplant went well with no signs of stress. I have them planted in FoxFarm Ocean Forest, Happy Frog Soils with 25% perlite so I'm only giving them 6.8 ph'd water. They popped 7 days ago. Most of what I've read says I shouldn't need to give them nutes for the first few weeks. What are some early signs I should look for to start giving them nutes?
420-magazine-mobile834910902.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2107433441.jpg

Just my opinion... so take for what its worth..... but i wouldnt get to hasty with either the transplant nor the watering. Heres my thoughts.... your gine that you transplanted.... but see yhw above picture. You can leave ur girls in solo cups until about this size, maybe even a tiny larger. Sure, you can do so sooner, but u need to ve much more carefull with the root ball and soil. Smooth sailing if you dont disturb.

Be careful though with watering that entire 5 gallon pot right now with minimal roots.... it will take FOREVER for that little gal to soak a 5 gallon pot of soil worth of water. Water a little at a time until that girl gets 2x the size of the one in my picture. By that point u should be able to soak the pot. Again, just an opinion.... but wet soil allows for things like fungas knats and other pets, as well as funags (bad bacteria) etc.. you should be able to get in the habit of watering every 3 days (ish) for soil only..... maybe more with extra perlite or if used coco at all as well.

So the transplant went well with no signs of stress. I have them planted in FoxFarm Ocean Forest, Happy Frog Soils with 25% perlite so I’m only giving them 6.8 ph’d water. They popped 7 days ago. Most of what I’ve read says I shouldn’t need to give them nutes for the first few weeks. What are some early signs I should look for to start giving them nutes?
420-magazine-mobile834910902.jpg

Wait for the plant to get a few nodes high and to actually look like a plant. In a good soil you should not be required to feed anytime soon. First sign will be the cotyledons drying up. Never start with full strength nutrients. Be careful not to overwater.

Think I'm going to top them in a couple days. They are growing so fast compared to my last grow. I'm really liking this Fox Farm Ocean Forest/Happy Frog/Perlite soil mixture. We're on day 12. Watering them about every 2 1/2 days with 7.1 ph'd water and no nutes. Runoff is at 6.5. Temp is 81 with 71% RH. Keeping them on 24 hour light to prevent stretching
420-magazine-mobile2130374328.jpg
420-magazine-mobile489156856.jpg

I fed them nutes a couple days ago and it's about time to water them again. Should I give them nutes again or just give them plain water?

Depends on the strength of nutes you gave them. I always feed with nutes everytime i water using lower strength.

Did they respond positively to the feeding? If so i would carry on with nutes and see how that goes.

What nutes are you using out of interest?

Back
Top Bottom