New Grower! Need info!

GrowweedG

Hi this is my first grow. I'm using a t5 8 bulb for veg and a 600watt hps for flower with a 6 inch extraction fan and duct ran outside . Right now I only have one plant in flower and about 6 seedlings going in veg . My seedlings are 2 1/2 weeks old right now (will upload pics tomorrow) . My baby that I have in flower (which is Relly OG) she's, going on her 5th day in flower . She was a clone from my buddy mother . I vegged her for 5 weeks then switched to flower . Ive used dyna grow for veg and now I'm slowly switching here to dyna bloom for flower . I've been seeing yellow leaves appear on new growth but other than that, she's been looking good .

I'll upload more pics in the A.M.
How do you guys think I'm doing ? Any suggestions ?

420-magazine-mobile1969084985.jpg

420-magazine-mobile546628741.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1706798329.jpg

Looks good. How big is your grow room, and how does air get into it? What kind of soil are you using? Do you PH your water?

Looks good. How big is your grow room, and how does air get into it? What kind of soil are you using? Do you PH your water?

Thank for your reply buddy ...

My grown room is about as big of a closet . I made it out of the white plastic they sale at the hydro store . It's 3 ft wide X 4ft long X 7 ft tall and yes I ph my water . It's around 6.0-6.5 ph . I'm using fox farm for my soil . For right now , I'm just using a small desk top fan in the tent for air .

Thank for your reply buddy ...

My grown room is about as big of a closet . I made it out of the white plastic they sale at the hydro store . It's 3 ft wide X 4ft long X 7 ft tall and yes I ph my water . It's around 6.0-6.5 ph . I'm using fox farm for my soil . For right now , I'm just using a small desk top fan in the tent for air .

Understood. At some point you need to sort out your air exchange. The sooner the better as that is what makes your plant grow as much as anything else. Is it legal where you are and is smell going to be an issue?

Understood. At some point you need to sort out your air exchange. The sooner the better as that is what makes your plant grow as much as anything else. Is it legal where you are and is smell going to be an issue?

What do you mean by sort out my air ? And yes it's legal . I'm in Michigan and I have my medical card, so I'm not really to worried about the smell .

Here are a few photos of my babies in veg
Not really sure why some of them are growin slower than the other . All of them was planted the same day (except that clone in the far left in the picture with all the babies).

420-magazine-mobile721098995.jpg

420-magazine-mobile334975074.jpg

420-magazine-mobile574539090.jpg

420-magazine-mobile603181927.jpg

What do you mean by sort out my air ? And yes it's legal . I'm in Michigan and I have my medical card, so I'm not really to worried about the smell .

You need to exchange the air in you closet for the air in your room frequently, so your plants can absorb the CO2 on the underside of the leaves. That's different from moving the air around in the room.

Are your plants auto or photo? If photo, do you have that under control?

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

You need to exchange the air in you closet for the air in your room frequently, so your plants can absorb the CO2 on the underside of the leaves. That's different from moving the air around in the room.

Are your plants auto or photo? If photo, do you have that under control?

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

So are you saying I need to have a fan on the outside of the tent with duct running from the fan into the tent ?

And honestly I'm not even sure what auto and photo are . The babies are seedlings I got from out of some good GSC I smoked .

The big one that's in flower , I got that from a buddy as a clone. The strain is Relly OG

So is there a way you could tell if they're auto or photo just by looking at them ?
Not that I know of. I have grown 3 autos and at least 100 photo. I couldn't tell the difference except for grow time and size of plant.
If it's gsc strain, more than likely it's a photo.

I grew a couple GSC last summer. Watch your humidity. They can get PM easily. Mine did and they were outdoor with excellent ventilation.

Not that I know of. I have grown 3 autos and at least 100 photo. I couldn't tell the difference except for grow time and size of plant.
If it's gsc strain, more than likely it's a photo.

I grew a couple GSC last summer. Watch your humidity. They can get PM easily. Mine did and they were outdoor with excellent ventilation.

I sure will . My humidity stays between 40-50 & Thanks a lot buddy . I really appreciate the information .

So are you saying I need to have a fan on the outside of the tent with duct running from the fan into the tent ?

And honestly I'm not even sure what auto and photo are . The babies are seedlings I got from out of some good GSC I smoked .

The big one that's in flower , I got that from a buddy as a clone. The strain is Relly OG

You should pull the air out of the top and bring the air in though the bottom. Most people buy a fan that works specifically for this purpose (extractor fan). A really basic one should cost the same as a normal fan. You don't need to. It's just easier. However you do it the principal is to constantly replace the air in the grow room and that air passes underneath the leaves.

Like pontiacman said an auto will flower automatically. Photo requires that you switch your light so they are sitting in 12 hours of continuous darkness (12 dark/12 light). You'll know if they are photos, because they won't flower.

Your plant looks good. If you keep it under a light (autos are something like 20 hour light on 4 light off), keep the door open for your grow room with a fan blowing air in at your plant, you should be good. It would be a lot better, if you create a duct for extracting and one or more for bringing air in. Depending on how strong your extraction is you can get away with an open bottom vent. Have a look at people grow journals and see what they do. Good luck.

You should pull the air out of the top and bring the air in though the bottom. Most people buy a fan that works specifically for this purpose (extractor fan). A really basic one should cost the same as a normal fan. You don't need to. It's just easier. However you do it the principal is to constantly replace the air in the grow room and that air passes underneath the leaves.

Like pontiacman said an auto will flower automatically. Photo requires that you switch your light so they are sitting in 12 hours of continuous darkness (12 dark/12 light). You'll know if they are photos, because they won't flower.

Your plant looks good. If you keep it under a light (autos are something like 20 hour light on 4 light off), keep the door open for your grow room with a fan blowing air in at your plant, you should be good. It would be a lot better, if you create a duct for extracting and one or more for bringing air in. Depending on how strong your extraction is you can get away with an open bottom vent. Have a look at people grow journals and see what they do. Good luck.

Thanks a lot man . I really appreciate this . I'm gonna go out today and by another extraction fan and a duct kit. I'll upload more pics of what my set up looks like once I get home .

Back
Top Bottom