Newbi to training trying to get it right

BadBenny420

:420:I am currently doing the training process on a strain I stumbled upon growing bag seeds. It is very leggy when I grow it full term. It has to be LST'd almost daily to stop it from over growing the area. It's worth the extra work because the finished product is amazing. I'm on my third grow with it. I am trying to slow it down through cross breeding. I seeded one of her plants and got nothing but females from her seeds. Her offspring has produced some interesting plants. Anyway, I'm training one girl to have a low profile manifold and see if I can get her to produce without all of that height. I would like to get all the advice I could. How bout it. Anyone? Anyone?

What kind of light and how close to the plant do you have it?
Because if it's to far away your plant will stretch to it.

Need way more information. What light are you using, what media, what size pots, type of nutes with ppm and ph range, what are average day and night temps and humidity.

Its impossible to guide you without detailed description as there are so many variables. You need to be as detailed as possible with hour exact set up then we can help you figure out what can be tweaked and changed or improved.

Need way more information. What light are you using, what media, what size pots, type of nutes with ppm and ph range, what are average day and night temps and humidity.

Its impossible to guide you without detailed description as there are so many variables. You need to be as detailed as possible with hour exact set up then we can help you figure out what can be tweaked and changed or improved.

This is what I have. To start with, I use 5 gallon fabric pots using a mix of fox farm ocean forest and happy frog with added black dirt, pearlite, and sphagnum peat moss. I have a 1000w full spectrum with a g8 flower booster. I keep the humidity at 40% and temps at 75 during the day and 68 at night. I'm using fox farm nutrients and going by the chart for soil grows. I keep the lights between 12" and 18" using a light mover to assist them. I check PH on every plant and bottle of mixed nutrients and keep them between 6.0 and 6.5. What do you think?

Soil isnt my thing really but everything sounds ok apart from your humidity, better to get it up to around 60rh if poss and loads of air movement. My advice is to bend alot but allow some recovery time between bending. Have a couple of prunes during veg to strip any lower growth off and fan leaves that will be blocking good flower sights. This will allow better airflow and light penetration while slowing the plants vertical growth for a few days. Do second prune tbe day before flipping to flower. Then do a 3rd prune between days 14-21 of flower. That will help slow stretch a little and will open plant up to maximise light pentration and airflow.

Soil isnt my thing really but everything sounds ok apart from your humidity, better to get it up to around 60rh if poss and loads of air movement. My advice is to bend alot but allow some recovery time between bending. Have a couple of prunes during veg to strip any lower growth off and fan leaves that will be blocking good flower sights. This will allow better airflow and light penetration while slowing the plants vertical growth for a few days. Do second prune tbe day before flipping to flower. Then do a 3rd prune between days 14-21 of flower. That will help slow stretch a little and will open plant up to maximise light pentration and airflow.

I appreciate the advice. I do have a 52" ceiling fan in the room and it keeps the air moving everywhere in the room. All my plants are constantly waving in the breeze. I don't understand about the 60% hm. I have been warned about mold issues and was advised to keep it at 50% minimum. Have you worked with manifolding and do you have any tips to help me grow this strain in low head room? This is a photo of my little girl and I've topped her twice and been pulling her down to spread her out some. Any clues on how to proceed? Sorry, I can't get my photo to load.

Back
Top Bottom