Fan drying crop

RadicalSmoka3

420-magazine-mobile629167101.jpg
2 week into curing and my buds have no smell to them I was just wondering is that common? Also I'm getting ready to harvest my 2nd batch and was wondering how long do I let it hang with a fan drying it?

You should never use a fan to dry your buds out, wrecks the final quality and taste, best thing to do is let them hang dry or on a rack to let them slowly dry out, can take from 3-14 days to dry out before jarring, if you have a fan in your drying space then point it opposite way to where your buds are.

Yes I guess I should have stated that lol you want air circulation to help avoid mold but shouldn't aim directly at the buds

I'm guessing what might be ideal is just low humidity. Having a lot of air moving around seems like it could dry the surface of the bud while the center is still wet.

This is just me guessing. I'm still learning how to cure. I did put a fan on my first crop because, ya know, I wanted to hurry the process along, but I now suspect that you're not just drying in those first days, there is actual curing going on, that is, complex organic molecules (like the grassy-smelling ones) are breaking down and maybe even fermenting a little bit and you don't want to rush that by removing the water too fast.

But like I said, I'm still just figuring the curing process out. (It's kind of interesting to look up the tobacco curing process just to see how they do it.)

Back
Top Bottom