Help me please I think she's dying

TypicalGRoob

420-magazine-mobile637405125.jpg

What's wrong with her this is my first grow ever.. I started one before but never gotten this big idk what to do..& ifk what's wrong with her why is her leaves curling up and down I just switched her to this little hydro medium... & She has little holes where the whole was at first it was yellow but since I put here here it made a hole...
420-magazine-mobile1482867545.jpg

So she just has her roots in a mason jar of water? Is that right? If so, they're probably not getting enough oxygen. I'd suggest either buying a couple of gallons of potting soil, or get her in a proper hydroponic setup (five gallon reservoir, circulation from pump and/or air stone) very soon.

All that said, she actually looks pretty good! :thumb:

So she just has her roots in a mason jar of water? Is that right? If so, they're probably not getting enough oxygen. I'd suggest either buying a couple of gallons of potting soil, or get her in a proper hydroponic setup (five gallon reservoir, circulation from pump and/or air stone) very soon.

All that said, she actually looks pretty good! :thumb:
Thank you & no i have fox farm nutrients in it... And I have a fan blowing on it .

Help me please I think she's dying...

Thank you & no i have fox farm nutrients in it... And I have a fan blowing on it .

Sorry, I should have been clearer; when I said "water," I meant nutrient solution. You're still going to have to provide a lot more oxygen to the roots for her to be healthy and grow. A fan is not gonna help with that. You need to get her in soil or a bucket with an aquarium air pump stirring the mutes. A Home Depot bucket and a cheap air pump will take your plant to the next step. If you leave her in that jar for much longer, I think you're gonna stunt her.

She's off to a great start, though. She just needs more room, more air, and more circulation for her roots! And soon.

Sorry, I should have been clearer; when I said "water," I meant nutrient solution. You're still going to have to provide a lot more oxygen to the roots for her to be healthy and grow. A fan is not gonna help with that. You need to get her in soil or a bucket with an aquarium air pump stirring the mutes. A Home Depot bucket and a cheap air pump will take your plant to the next step. If you leave her in that jar for much longer, I think you're gonna stunt her.

She's off to a great start, though. She just needs more room, more air, and more circulation for her roots! And soon.
Ok I'll update tomorrow when my equipment comes in.

What could I use besides the bucket?

What could I use besides the bucket?

I used a plastic storage container because I needed something flatter. Anything that holds water and blocks out light (not good for roots) will do. I'd really recommend at least 3 gallons. Five is better. Just FYI, there is a hydroponics forum here. It's not super active though.

I used a plastic storage container because I needed something flatter. Anything that holds water and blocks out light (not good for roots) will do. I'd really recommend at least 3 gallons. Five is better. Just FYI, there is a hydroponics forum here. It's not super active though.
Umm help!!!
420-magazine-mobile1846049265.jpg

Black tubing would be to prevent light from reaching the nutrient media because light allows algae to grow. That's not the end of the world, but keeping the whole system light tight helps to keep the biology under control. (Cool temperatures, good circulation, and aeration are even more important.)
Do you see anything wrong

It's too small to support a growing plant. Look at the root mass of just a 16" tall dwarf plant that was grown hydroponically!
2017-06-06_Day_78_1500_079.JPG

And remember, you can always just plunk her into a couple of gallons (or more--more is better) of soil.

Hydroponics can give awesome results, but it takes some time and effort to learn how to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom