G.H. Calimagic

dj1714

I just read an old thread here about using vinegar to bring down ph. I use botanicare nutrients (pure blend pro) in my 20 gallon reservoir. I was using botanicare cal-mag plus which is 2-0-0 and decided when I started flowering that I didn't want to add that much more nitrogen to the mix so I got some cal-mag plus from general organics (thought I was buying the GH calimagic brand but guess I was stoked when I got it) that is 1-0-0. Now this general organics brand smells just like vinegar and seems like every time I use it I keep chasing a PH ghost and just wanted to know if the GH brand (Calimagic) smells like vinegar too. I like to use it as it is 1-0-0.
About a year ago some one told me they use to make it 0-0-0, wish I could find a cal-mag like that.
Well thanks for looking and listen to me ramble on, guess I'm stoked again. :volcano-smiley:

No, General Hydroponics CALiMAGic does not smell like vinegar (acetic acid).

I really wouldn't worry about the small amount of nitrogen in Ca Mg supplements.

If you are using a multi-bottle solution, you could cut back on the bottle that contains more N to compensate. That is, the using GH FloraSeries for example, you could use less FloraGro and the same amount of FloraBloom.

No, General Hydroponics CALiMAGic does not smell like vinegar (acetic acid).

I really wouldn't worry about the small amount of nitrogen in Ca Mg supplements.

If you are using a multi-bottle solution, you could cut back on the bottle that contains more N to compensate. That is, the using GH FloraSeries for example, you could use less FloraGro and the same amount of FloraBloom.

Thanks for letting me know about the smell. I use the PBP grow for veggie and put a little z7 in there as well. I use PBP Bloom for flowering along with cal-mag and z7. Don't like using a whole lot of different nutrients that I really don't need. This time I notice when using the Botanicare cal mag the ph stayed the same as when I started. It didn't drop like when using the cal-mag from general organics.

I use the PBP grow for veggie and put a little z7 in there as well. I use PBP Bloom for flowering along with cal-mag and z7. Don't like using a whole lot of different nutrients that I really don't need.

Are you sure you're using that stuff as they recommend? (Assuming you care. ;)) I ask because what you're saying doesn't seem to mesh with PBP's feeding recommendations at https://www.planetnatural.com/wp-content/uploads/botanicare-feed-chart.pdf.

Not trying to tell you what to do. Whatever works for you!

Are you sure you're using that stuff as they recommend? (Assuming you care. ;)) I ask because what you're saying doesn't seem to mesh with PBP's feeding recommendations at https://www.planetnatural.com/wp-content/uploads/botanicare-feed-chart.pdf.

Not trying to tell you what to do. Whatever works for you!

Well I believe there's a difference in what they recommend and what really works in your own setup. Personally I won't dare use all that stuff. ( notice I sad stuff, before I went to etiquette school I would call it extra shit you don't need LOL) After using it for quite a few years you kinda think you got it dialed in and never had any problems. So all of a sudden you start having a few more issues when you switch from mh/hps to a really nice led Then everyone says led is a cal-mag whore so use it. Appreciate you input man. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom