Light cycles

Awesome thanks a lot I’m currently using green planet duel fuel for them really looking forward to see how they grow

That’s something I wasn’t to sure about if the light cycle would affect the auto flower at all or if I should treat it the same as a regular

That's something I wasn't to sure about if the light cycle would affect the auto flower at all or if I should treat it the same as a regular

Autos are not photo period sensitive (though too little light can delay them). I should say that although 24/0 enthusiasts do exist (and again, 24/0 is awesome except for the electric bill), most people use 20 hours max from what I've seen here, and many use plain old 18/0.

I figure that an auto's life is short, so give it bright light for 24 hours a day for its entire 11 week life and harvest big frosty ones. :)

Awesome thanks a lot definitely very informative
What are your thoughts on green planet duel fuel

I don't know that brand, but compounding fertilizer ain't rocket science (despite what the marketers may tell us), so any commercial fertilizer should do the job (or they'll go out of business fast!)

Do be careful with manufacturers' recommended feeding schedules, though, which tend to be too strong. It's best to start with half strength and then increase if you have a mind to, carefully watching for yellowing of the leaf tips that tells you you're overdosing.

I’m currently only using 70% of what’s recommended and thanks a lot i definitely need to star looking into discoloration so I know when theirs something wrong with my plants

I’m currently only using 70% of what’s recommended and thanks a lot i definitely need to star looking into discoloration so I know when theirs something wrong with my plants

Yellowing at the tips of new growth is the first giveaway. It's nice and convenient that those leaves are right up at the top and easiest to see. What's cool is that once you hit that point you know how much the plant can take and you can keep it right at the maximum.

If you don't have a PPM meter (aka TDS or EC meter) they're cheap, and once you have one you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Autos are not photo period sensitive (though too little light can delay them). I should say that although 24/0 enthusiasts do exist (and again, 24/0 is awesome except for the electric bill), most people use 20 hours max from what I've seen here, and many use plain old 18/0.

I figure that an auto's life is short, so give it bright light for 24 hours a day for its entire 11 week life and harvest big frosty ones. :)

I veg my plants 24 hrs continuous. I started that way and grew great big ol' plants off little CFLs. Then I got a 400 W MH, and I started veg'ing for 18/6 with it dimmed to 50%. Didn't really get much bigger, seemed to grow slower. After looking up the science of everything I never found any conclusive evidence that a lack of light was ever advantageous, so I switched back to 24hr continuous with a T5 (8x 2ft lamps, 200 watts), and I feel like it outgrows what the MH did in 18/6.

So yeah just giving a +1 for 24/0

Back
Top Bottom