What nutrients should I use on an alien 6 pot system

Dingdong64

420 Member
I've recently purchased an Alien RDWC XL 6 pot system, as this is all new to me I just wanted to know what nutrients you'd recommend from start to finish.

Hi DD65 -- People here have had good luck with the Advanced Nutrients "pH Perfect" products because they seem to provide a more stable pH than other fertilizers. Just their basic 2- or 3-bottle nutrient solutions should take you from start to finish, but of course the marketing folks will try to get you to buy a hundred dollars worth of extra majik juice, like terpene enhancers and bloom boosters etc etc. My argument is that you don't need those, or at least you don't need them to get started.

Good luck and have fun. BTW, there is a hydroponics forum here, and please start a grow log when you get started and you can read the logs of others here, which can be very instructive.

What medium arw you using? I have alot of experience using alien systems, ive used them all with success and i have a flood and drain running now.

For veg def go with ph perfect micro grow bloom as a base nutrient and you also want great white mycorrhizae either top fed or sprinkled in the media when you transplant. If you are new to hydro i would suggest you use coco coir, a 60/40 mic with clay pebbles as its more forgiving than straight pebbles. Check out my currwnt grow journal as i will be documenting it again along side a hand fed set up to show pros and cons. I will also give feed schedule.

What medium arw you using? I have alot of experience using alien systems, ive used them all with success and i have a flood and drain running now.

For veg def go with ph perfect micro grow bloom as a base nutrient and you also want great white mycorrhizae either top fed or sprinkled in the media when you transplant. If you are new to hydro i would suggest you use coco coir, a 60/40 mic with clay pebbles as its more forgiving than straight pebbles. Check out my currwnt grow journal as i will be documenting it again along side a hand fed set up to show pros and cons. I will also give feed schedule.

Great info thank you, it's like I said earlier the Alien system is new to me so I'll probably be asking lots of questions on here. :thumb:

Ask away mate. Honest check my journal out cos some of the seedlings ive just started will be going into a 24 pot system but i will be using coco/pebbles. I think i have some other griws of alien systems in my other joirnals in my signature, problem is im not sure what is where as i do so many different things i forget what im doing from time to time. But have a flick through and ask any questions in my new journal.

Im making the assumption you are in the UK as thats primarily where these set ups are sold so from that point of view i know what nutes arw easy to grab. Feel free to ask what you like.

Yes mate I'm in the UK. I've already had a good read at some of your stuff..... very interesting as well, I feel I'll learn a lot on here. Yeah I'd appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction as to where I can get the nutrients from. .

Ask away mate. Honest check my journal out cos some of the seedlings ive just started will be going into a 24 pot system but i will be using coco/pebbles. I think i have some other griws of alien systems in my other joirnals in my signature, problem is im not sure what is where as i do so many different things i forget what im doing from time to time. But have a flick through and ask any questions in my new journal.

Im making the assumption you are in the UK as thats primarily where these set ups are sold so from that point of view i know what nutes arw easy to grab. Feel free to ask what you like.

My system isn't the flood and drain it's the bubbler, should I still use the coco coir 60/40 in this! I'm getting mixed answers that's all.
Also would it be possible to let me know what nutrients/dosages I will need from start to finish and if possible where from.
Have you got a link/links for the feeding schedule

The dwc system yeah? Which one? Yes start in coco/pebbles or even straight up coco. It will give you a much better starting rootball than pebbles alone mate. If you coco to my coco thread in my signature on hpw to grow in coco you would follow that recipe only you wouldnt add great white mycorrhizae to the tank, you would sprinkle a good amount into the coco and every 2 or 3 weeks you would take a scoop and throw it on the bare roots. You would change the ionic coco bloom to ionic hydro bloom. Or you could use the ph perfect start to finish. You will get monster plants in the dwc set up. I had a 16 and a 24 pro set up, the 16 was 33litre pots and the 24 was 50 i think, lethal systems. But all in all i prefer coco as a matter of personal preference and nothing more. Get a grow journal up and running here and include pics. People will jump on and help you out and you will also have a recording of you grow to look over in the future as a reference point.

Back
Top Bottom