How long after a deficiency do you see improvement?

vyserage

As title says, how long? I noticed my leaves were begenning to purple between veins which as i have researched is a sign of not enough phosphorus. I fed my plants 2 days ago and its kind of hard to tell but i think those same leaves are still going purple instead of stopping.

Tips?

I hadnt fed my plants for a good while so the nute value was down as low as 300 for 1 plant and 500-600 for another. Clearly lack of nutes so i fed them to bring that value back up. 2 days later and it doesnt seem to have improved a whole lot but im looking at those same leaves. I havent noticed any other leaves doing it (aside from a couple that were begenning to but havent continued i dont think). I fed them Fox Farms trio nutrients for flowering.

purple_due_to_lack_of_nutes.jpg
also_purple_due_to_lack_of_nutes.jpg

It usually takes a few days, and the leaves won't recover, so make sure you're actually seeing them get MORE purple and not just noticing more damage you didn't before.

Are you running hydro? 400-500 ppm sounds pretty stiff to me but I grew in soil and gave synthetic nutrients so I'm sure you probably need more in just a hydro medium.

It usually takes a few days, and the leaves won't recover, so make sure you're actually seeing them get MORE purple and not just noticing more damage you didn't before.

Are you running hydro? 400-500 ppm sounds pretty stiff to me but I grew in soil and gave synthetic nutrients so I'm sure you probably need more in just a hydro medium.

It's a miracle grow soil which is why I barely fed nutes due to time released nutes. I had to wait a while for ppm to drop and it finally did to the 300 and 500-600 range. PH is within ideal range. Thanks for letting me know it takes a few days. I'll keep an eye on other leaves if they turn purple as well.

Monitor the new growth. Signs of improvement will show in the new growth only. Signs of a deficiency in the older growth won't change but new growth will be healthy.

Back
Top Bottom