Seeds

Champ69

When the seeds root do i start them off in a smaller cup and move them over to big pot or do i just start them in the big pot.

When the seeds root do i start them off in a smaller cup and move them over to big pot or do i just start them in the big pot.

Many people here feel that there is a some majikal advantage to starting seedlings in a Solo cup and then transplanting (often leaving them in the cup until the tap root is circling the bottom, which it starts to do in less than a week...). Me, I just plant straight into the final pot. It probably doesn't really matter as long as you don't leave them in the smaller cup too long and don't traumatize them too much during transplanting.

Every time you transplant it causes stress to the plant, and this is the main reasoning behind going straight to the 5 gallon pot (or whatever size you plan on bringing the plant to harvest in). You're giving yourself fewer opportunities to damage or stress the plant. An experienced grower knows how to not overwater it, but if you're a rookie it might be a better idea to increase pot size gradually with one or two transplants along the way. It really all depends on the grower I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom