Screwy accidental re-vege indoor outdoor situation

poisonsix

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I'm going to be honest I haven't grown grass in around 20 years so I am more or less a noob.

I found a seed in a bag of gorilla glue and germinated it first week of august so ca. 16 weeks ago. I started growing this guy outside and it took me a while to buy a light, tent. it had started flowering while outside but then the weather turned and I could tell it was acting weird, hustled to get the light and tent setup. and from what I can tell I ended up with a revege situation. see pic. #1 its just off the chain with sugar leaves and leaf growth. I didn't want to mess with the leaves and figured ok, well maybe I'll get a good or better crop out of it (have read some stuff about reveging and monster cropping etc)... so I haven't been really sure where the plants at either obviously it should be long finished by now. now I discovered not only loopers but bud worms -- I can tell the difference.

I decided to remove all the sugar leaves and foliage (see 2nd, 3rd photos) because I needed to see the worm spots and some of the ruined bud looked like mold from the worm infestation. sooooo... any suggestions on what to do here? I am afraid the more mature buds will mold and the infant ones won't catch up. The main cola is really just sparse buds and mega leaves and stems. The realest bud is down on the lower branches and of course those have gotten the worst of the worms.

I've considered taking clones and calling this guy a mistake but if I can still get a crop out of this I would. Thoughts? make some butter and give clones a go now that I have a proper setup? wait it out?

pre trim massive growth 15 weeks

post trim sparsness 16 weeks

Hi guys,

I'm new here. I'm going to be honest I haven't grown grass in around 20 years so I am more or less a noob.

I found a seed in a bag of gorilla glue and germinated it first week of august so ca. 16 weeks ago. I started growing this guy outside and it took me a while to buy a light, tent. it had started flowering while outside but then the weather turned and I could tell it was acting weird, hustled to get the light and tent setup. and from what I can tell I ended up with a revege situation. see pic. #1 its just off the chain with sugar leaves and leaf growth. I didn't want to mess with the leaves and figured ok, well maybe I'll get a good or better crop out of it (have read some stuff about reveging and monster cropping etc)... so I haven't been really sure where the plants at either obviously it should be long finished by now. now I discovered not only loopers but bud worms -- I can tell the difference.

I decided to remove all the sugar leaves and foliage (see 2nd, 3rd photos) because I needed to see the worm spots and some of the ruined bud looked like mold from the worm infestation. sooooo... any suggestions on what to do here? I am afraid the more mature buds will mold and the infant ones won't catch up. The main cola is really just sparse buds and mega leaves and stems. The realest bud is down on the lower branches and of course those have gotten the worst of the worms.

I've considered taking clones and calling this guy a mistake but if I can still get a crop out of this I would. Thoughts? make some butter and give clones a go now that I have a proper setup? wait it out?

pre trim massive growth 15 weeks

post trim sparsness 16 weeks
I think if you put her under 20 hrs of light and feed her high N she will reveg then you can take clones and put her back into flower. Reveging makes the growth go crazy. So you will have your pick of clones. May take a month to reveg though

I think if you put her under 20 hrs of light and feed her high N she will reveg then you can take clones and put her back into flower. Reveging makes the growth go crazy. So you will have your pick of clones. May take a month to reveg though

so reveg it again? I hadn't considered that. That is how I sort of ended up in this situation as it is. I guess the timing here was just really bogus. I was just going to trim off the bud and try to take clones if I went that route. I'm half inclined to just try and ride it out at this point. I can always still get clones out of it right? I mean, that photo looks not half bad but I bet there's total like an oz wet on there. now that I trimmed all the leaves down I shouldn't have trouble sending the creepy crawlers to oblivion so I'm on the fence, if I needed the tent for any other reason or new lady on deck I wouldn't have much of a decision to make but I don't. I hate the idea that those newer bud spots start producing only to have those original buds rot. I also am not sure how much I can take away without killing it outright or what I can get away with cloning wise. like I said, its been more than a minute since I grew it. I don't remember putting this much effort into it when I was a kid. heh. it was also probably total garbage by todays standards.

I agree with Islandgrow. Though if you want the buds to mature, you can leave it and have some more finished buds, then harvest and leave some of the lower growth, change the light cycle back to vegetative (18/6 20/4 24/0) and revegetate the plant, that way you get both clones, and this girl you can grow out again and reflower her as well. For what happened to this baby gotta say it doesn't really look that bad, leaves look green and healthy. Make sure you check every sugar leaf, if it is brown, then look carefully for mold and cut that part out. After harvest I would disinfect the tent to make sure no other pests hitched a ride inside.

I agree with Islandgrow. Though if you want the buds to mature, you can leave it and have some more finished buds, then harvest and leave some of the lower growth, change the light cycle back to vegetative (18/6 20/4 24/0) and revegetate the plant, that way you get both clones, and this girl you can grow out again and reflower her as well. For what happened to this baby gotta say it doesn't really look that bad, leaves look green and healthy. Make sure you check every sugar leaf, if it is brown, then look carefully for mold and cut that part out. After harvest I would disinfect the tent to make sure no other pests hitched a ride inside.

Thanks guys, this is sort of the direction I was thinking I guess. making sure it isn't dumb for some reason is helpful as well. I already removed the bad parts and I watered ground only with neem oil, hopefully 86ed the last of the critters. This plan makes the most sense really.

As far as the pests.... man, this really make me want to punch myself in the balls, so not only did I find and germinate a gorilla glue miracle seed in a bag if sinsi, I kind of halfassed it saying ah well I'll just see what happens with it outside. Then I filled in the rest of the dirt from a planter outside when I upsized because I was too lazy to order some more and the real kicker is I don't think it had pests when I brought it in. I had been leaving the tent open during the day for proper air flow until I rigged up a ventilation system and I remember a few weeks back seeing a little moth fly in there and didn't think anything of it --- dude facepalm. the screen in my office is sort of riggity so I'm guessing that's what happened. basically took a bunch of chances and somehow got lucky, and end up getting pests with it in the house because I wasn't thinking. Also, the LED has posed some issue in addition to the massive leaf growth because you can't see shit with it on so I wasn't paying as close attention as I should have. how hard is it for these guys to add a toggle switch so you can see what youre doing? going to need to add a small normal light. not being able to continue carefully checking it definitely hurt me here as well that and false sense that I didnt need to keep as close of tabs on it because it was in the house (another lesson learned or relearned). Having pulled a light over there to really see well, it really does look not too shabby all the circumstances considering.

I keep journals for all the different work modalities (sculpture journal, business journal, etc.) going to need a grow journal I reckon. Some areas of study its more of data collection reflecting type of process but I can see grow journal having a bit more use and value esp as time goes on. write your own bible as I like to say.

well, hopefully I have a good followup story, fingers crossed and head screwed on tight (tighter? har) moving forward.:thumb:

Thanks again for the feedback.

*wow wtf, I don;t know if it was subconscious (probably) but I don't think I took note of your journal links daTenshi. I keep most of my various ones here on my desk. great minds and all that.

on a sidenote speaking of work journals, not typical but I've grown to love these guys for the purpose in most cases. been buying these by the case for awhile now.

reporters-notebook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom