Germinating seeds in the winter indoor grow

Go to sponsor cropkingseeds.com and read their instructions about how to germinate using a wet paper towel. That is just about foolproof.

Well I guess I should be saying what's the best way to keep them warm

When I put mine in the paper towel it goes in a baggie then into a small box and I set that on a heating pad. Make sure the heating pad is on the low setting as you don't want then to get too hot, 48 hours later you'll have taproots. Just done 10 blueberry and all 10 sprouted with 1" taproots.

Assuming that you've got central heating, just sitting on the kitchen counter at 68 to 70 F should be fine. A little boost from setting them someplace warmer can't hurt, but it's not like these are hothouse orchids that require special treatment.

When I put mine in the paper towel it goes in a baggie then into a small box and I set that on a heating pad. Make sure the heating pad is on the low setting as you don't want then to get too hot, 48 hours later you'll have taproots. Just done 10 blueberry and all 10 sprouted with 1" taproots.

I have a box ready do you think me not having a thermostat would cause them to be to hot I wanna buy the heating pad just running low on cash so I don't wanna buy the thermostat

So I should put the heating pad on the bottom of the box and not inside ?

Westpo79 personally I don't see a need for a heating pad.

Put it in a convenient place up off the floor. Top shelf of a kitchen cabinet will be dark and warmer than where your thermostat is. It will be fine for germination.

I'm sure lots of people use them but I've never seen a need. Too warm and you increase chance of mold on the seeds, heat stress on the sprout. Another challenge is that most heat pads now come with time triggered auto shutoff as a safety feature.

Lol posting same thing ^^

Update I have one seed that germinated but the leaves are still closed I have it in a peat pellet should I just wait it out

Back
Top Bottom