Nutrient supplements

zSaber

I was wondering, are advanced nutrients supplements like bud candy, overdrive, big bud, etc. worth purchasing and putting into your line up? or is it just a waste of money?

live by an and supplements voodoo piranha tarantula grow killer roots. b-52 and bud candy during veg16 days from clone
da003f835bfa26049797fbe0aac3ba65.jpg

It depends on several things really. It depends in what you are growing in, hydro or soil, what base nutes you are using and knowing what you are adding and why?

Its not necessary to use any of their full line ups vut they have some great additives that can be mixed and matched with other things. I never stick with just one brand either, i take what is good and leave the rest. I have a full hydro and coco feed schedule here...

How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

These additives certainly wont boost your Crops by the percentages claimed at all. But what they will do is give you an edge if you know what you are doing. Id always focus on tbe additives that build your rootzone over anything else, foĺlowed by PK boosters. Other items will just affect the quality of the end product and help the plant fight disease and have strong branches capable of holding heavy buds.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS THIS!!!!!!!

Nutes are the least important part of any grow, if you have inadequate light and a poor environment its not going to matter at all what you feed your plants. The guides on bottles for adding feeds are based on plants of a minimum size with adequate light, co2 in canopy, o2 in rootzone, air movement etc.

Before even thinking about spending money on expensive supplements (that can help given they are used correctly) , spend the money first on setting your space up first. Minimum of 400w actually draw per m2 (4x4) but optimal to use 600w+, good extraction, quality medium. Then considering all that is fine, then you can start at looking at supplementation.

live by an and supplements voodoo piranha tarantula grow killer roots. b-52 and bud candy during veg16 days from clone
da003f835bfa26049797fbe0aac3ba65.jpg

Change piranha and tarantula for great white mycorrhizae, not only will you save a shit tonne of money but you will never look back. It will give you even etter results when combined witj Voodoo Juice and carboload.

Change piranha and tarantula for great white mycorrhizae, not only will you save a shit tonne of money but you will never look back. It will give you even etter results when combined witj Voodoo Juice and carboload.
when I get home I'll try to take pics of new seedlings with roots. why fix if it isn't broken.i don't mind investing in my crops plus my store gives me good pricing. If I'm saving $10-20 on 4l of nutes I'll stick with what has worked for me.

Frankly it kind of pisses me off to see all of the expensive add-ons that supposedly reputable fertilizer manufacturers try to foist on the unwary.

NPK + micros. Start with those and as Cultivator says, optimize your grow space and have plentiful lighting. That should be enough, but if you want to try, say, supplementing silicon (which lots of people really seem to like) do that, but ideally just change one thing at a time and compare.

When someone says "I use Big Balls and Super Shite and they're awesome!" I just shake my head and think "Compared to what?" Don't be a fish that's hooked by marketing glitz and sexy graphics. Before you hand over your hard-earned cash, make 'em prove that $20 bottle of majik joose is worth the money. (End of rant.)

Frankly it kind of pisses me off to see all of the expensive add-ons that supposedly reputable fertilizer manufacturers try to foist on the unwary.

NPK + micros. Start with those and as Cultivator says, optimize your grow space and have plentiful lighting. That should be enough, but if you want to try, say, supplementing silicon (which lots of people really seem to like) do that, but ideally just change one thing at a time and compare.

When someone says "I use Big Balls and Super Shite and they're awesome!" I just shake my head and think "Compared to what?" Don't be a fish that's hooked by marketing glitz and sexy graphics. Before you hand over your hard-earned cash, make 'em prove that $20 bottle of majik joose is worth the money. (End of rant.)
popped seeds 11/15/17 they sat under t5 now going under 315 cmh
132031687fd25cecb1989397e7a1d4c4.jpg
be2dc43674e5a3966692d850d06a0151.jpg

So as I said live by an for my environment they work as advertised I'll get roots almost intertwined before transplant. if you zoom in check all secondary roots crazy growth up to 3/4" long on some. So when my buddies see my results you know what they do.

when I get home I'll try to take pics of new seedlings with roots. why fix if it isn't broken.i don't mind investing in my crops plus my store gives me good pricing. If I'm saving $10-20 on 4l of nutes I'll stick with what has worked for me.

Trust me its just a piece of friendly advice from someone who has grown 10's thousands of plants. I used to use exactly what you mentioned i have my nute mix dialed to a T now and its took me 15 years or so of continued growing to do it. Get roots like this in less than 4 weeks with any other product then share with me.

DSC_01499.JPG

As i said its just a friendly tip and you are right if it aint broke dont fix it but i always look to improve my grows as techniques and products evolve.

2 different threads and I find my head shaking in agreement with you re: nutes. Time to head over and check out your journals.

So I've been reading on great white mycorrhizae good product but there's always a down side and it s not recommended for drip lines as it tends to clog. last thing I need in garden for all lines to clog. I only have an hour in the morning before work. then gone all day have no one to keep an eye on things. what size pots in your pic at week 4? 5" is the biggest pot I can start in, plus easy fit into9"

I think that was a 10litre pot in the pic but could have been a 7litre. Yes you wouldnt add great white to driplines but you wouldnt use it as a daily feed as that would be a waste. The best way to use it is to sprinkle it in your medium generously when you transplant at any stage, then once or maybe twice during veg top feed with it manually and again first and second week of flower. You dont need to use alot if you are adding carboload or another form of sugar that will feed the mycorrhizae.

I think that was a 10litre pot in the pic but could have been a 7litre. Yes you wouldnt add great white to driplines but you wouldnt use it as a daily feed as that would be a waste. The best way to use it is to sprinkle it in your medium generously when you transplant at any stage, then once or maybe twice during veg top feed with it manually and again first and second week of flower. You dont need to use alot if you are adding carboload or another form of sugar that will feed the mycorrhizae.
my situation goes like this I have 6 kids, run my own business, growing is my main hobby. that being said I don't have as much time as I'd like so I try to automate as much as possible and keep simple. like I said I dedicate an hour from 5am to 6am 1 hour before lights out. rest of my day split btw business and family best balance I can have.

Back
Top Bottom