Damaged leaves

Slowpuffer

Growing in coco. I flushed 13 days ago with phed tap water, let bags dry till lite, and then started 1/2 gal of tap water per day. Bags got a little heavy so I cut it to 1 qt. per day. Today is day 7 of water only and the oldest leaves are doing this. Starts as a redish hue along the leaf edges, then turns to lite brown with the leaf stems remaining green. Question is, can I still use these leaves in my eatables. They have tons of resin !! This is the 1st. time I've got this during flush. :thanks:

A photo and all the other usual info would help (light, soil, nutes, strain, etc.)

But basically, after (it sounds like) three weeks of giving just H2O to your plants, don't you expect them to be dying (i.e to have "damaged leaves")? (I guess if the bags are big and were loaded with really rich soil they could coast for a while, but...)

If I understand your question correctly, you have damaged (sugar?) leaves that are covered with resin and you're wondering if they're OK to consume? If so, I don't see why not (but again, photos and particulars would help).

A photo and all the other usual info would help (light, soil, nutes, strain, etc.)

But basically, after (it sounds like) three weeks of giving just H2O to your plants, don't you expect them to be dying (i.e to have "damaged leaves")? (I guess if the bags are big and were loaded with really rich soil they could coast for a while, but...)

If I understand your question correctly, you have damaged (sugar?) leaves that are covered with resin and you're wondering if they're OK to consume? If so, I don't see why not (but again, photos and particulars would help).
No Scientific it's the older leaves doing this. I'm growing in coco, 4x4 tent,630w lec cmh , 3 5 gal. bags & one 7 gal.. I been doing it the same way, same strain, for sometime now and this is the 1st time it's done this. And you're right about they should be damaged, or yellowing, But I've never had them turn crispy. Thanks for info, and I'm posting pics. now.
5A3BA4BD-6303-4203-8426-1EC403DE0A0F.jpeg
7CBE894C-025F-4EC9-B9B1-C1EC06D73FCD.jpeg
730E74B6-3329-4C49-966D-487E39172039.jpeg
28DE2AF5-D229-4D4B-90AF-5361CAF8555F.jpeg
99561B72-A73C-448F-B979-2E4028353998.jpeg
EC5985D9-7D37-4B4A-A9D6-78366F30884B.jpeg
And scientific, i'm using complete hydroponics line of nutrients.

I wouldnt be consuming them mate. I dont think it would do you any harm bit dont think iy be tòo pleasant. Why not use them for shatter or oil instead mate. This sometimes happens in coco when you flush mate.
Thanks Cult, I should have asked you 1st. as you've everything coco related. But I didn't want to bother you, as i know how busy you are.These are at 5 days water only, and 64 days into bloom.

Yeah i dont know why thy go like that sometimes and not others. I get the same thing when using same nutes and same strains. Sometimes it does thag and sometimes it will fade more gently.
I flushed to 50% runoff, then they sat 4 days, then I started with a qt. per day, and uped it to 1/2 gal. on day 3, As per your advice . And you see the red, that's something new for that blue dream strain. I been growing it for two yrs., and this is 1st. red leaves. And you're right about not consuming them. I've never made chatter or oil, but eager to learn.

Back
Top Bottom