Squattingbear's Promix Pineapple Cheese Tent

420GreenHands

Hello everyone. I recently planted two pineapple chunk seeds and two cheese seeds in promix. Originally thinking this was soil, I was watering at a ph of 6.3-6.5. The plants appear to be riddled with deficiencies ( I think due to ph swing and possibly over watering?). Upon reading more on promix, I now know it is considered soilless. I believe I need to get my ph closer to 5.8-6.

Yesterday I took some Straight tap water at 7.5 out of the faucet and poured it through a fresh pot of promix. The runoff came out to be 6.3. I have yet to do any type of slurry test to figure out a more accurate ph of the promix.

Should I not ph my water?

Or what should I ph to, to get it to be right all the way through.

I will post pictures soon.

re: Promix problems - Noob needin' some help

C7B5C3A7-F3D1-43FF-A0D4-1F3076DE9B50.jpeg
C7A036F0-C453-44E5-AE3D-2EBBAB61BD76.jpeg
C0652685-DF84-476D-8F6E-3C5C27566CA4.jpeg
B6783309-6FD3-4015-906D-6A338F7EC802.jpeg
B6783309-6FD3-4015-906D-6A338F7EC802.jpeg
482C4A2C-62AF-41E7-909A-60519BCF21A1.jpeg
43C57290-B5BC-427D-BA60-40FE881E3290.jpeg
6A27F5DE-9B90-4171-8088-E6DD939876C9.jpeg
10045095-E52D-48AF-B788-5673E6BE8CDB.jpeg

They are under 24/7 hps 600watt, I need to go to 20/4. I realize the hps isn’t ideal for veg but got a little lazy. I would ideally like to get these girls healthy again and then flip them to flower after POSSIBLY taking a few cuttings to preserve genetics (they smell very intense for being so young) please send some promix tips/ advice my way. Definitely fighting ph. Just rambling, but if it was 7.5 going in and 6.3 coming out does that mean that it was lower than that to start? Did I raise the ph by giving it the 7.5? If so, when do I start dropping the ph of my water going in so that I don’t raise it too much? Possibly just stoned and over thinking haha

Once happy and healthy I would like to bring this to the current grow journals and get prepared for some blue dream and Jedi skywalker kush beans im sitting on to bring this to full swing photoperiod perpetual goodness. Pace.

Aim for 5.8 to 6.0 pH
What's the ratio of call mag and grow in your feeds , how often do you feed ?
What's the temperature and humidity ?
Are you using a tent ?
Are you using led ?

I haven’t used the cal mag yet and I’ve fed the grow once at half strength. If my thermometer is accurate it stays around 70-80 degrees in the 5x5 tent that they are in. I have a 600w air cooled hps. I am exhausting with a 6” in-line for the hood/carbon filter. Might need to get the 8” in-line. Humidity is around 50%.

I ph’d my water to 6.3 going in.. do you think this dropped the promix ph too low? I read that promix is usually 5.5 to start but I’m sure that varies. I don’t know, I’m new haha

You should try 18/6 for lighting schedule for veg .
Also pH after you mix your nutes , just keep it between the ranges I said earlier. It may take a couple weeks to bring them back to health .
If you do that , you should be right on track . Don't over think it and be patient.
I wouldn't put them into flower until they are healthy again unless you want your yield to suffer .

You should try 18/6 for lighting schedule for veg .
Also pH after you mix your nutes , just keep it between the ranges I said earlier. It may take a couple weeks to bring them back to health .
If you do that , you should be right on track . Don't over think it and be patient.
I wouldn't put them into flower until they are healthy again unless you want your yield to suffer .
Awesome. Thank you for the advice. Regarding the “soilless” promix, does it need dry periods like soil? Or do you think to go by the weight (lift and compare) but keep it moist? I really appreciate the quick response

I need to get a good feed schedule down. I was thinking water feed water... I've been seeing some people feed every watering with very low amounts?
I just followed the recommended feeding schedule by the manufacturer for my first grow . I didn't know enough to go customising feed schedules at that point considering that was my first grow . It's all up to you on what you want to do and what your style is .
I'd definitely start low and work your way up to about 950 ppms come early to mid flower

Awesome. Thank you for the advice. Regarding the "soilless" promix, does it need dry periods like soil? Or do you think to go by the weight (lift and compare) but keep it moist? I really appreciate the quick response
Yes it does need to dry kinda like soil . Use the lifting the pot trick to tell when they need to feed . If it feels light then feed them . Also do keep it moist , I made that mistake too.

Re: Promix problems - Noob needin' some help

So let it dry to a point, but keep it moist. 5.8-6.0 after nutes. You think water feed water?
Yea let it dry completely before feeding again .it should stay moist if you saturate the medium and your getting 15% run off .
I would do just straight feeds at this point , don't forget your call mag

Hi SquattingBear I am wondering which promix product are you using? This lady was grown in promix hp with no added nutes and water ph'd to 6.5.

6DC7104F-F83B-47B8-93B7-BB7017DDF041.jpeg

Hi SquattingBear I am wondering which promix product are you using? This lady was grown in promix hp with no added nutes and water ph'd to 6.5.

6DC7104F-F83B-47B8-93B7-BB7017DDF041.jpeg
I just assumed he was using promix hp. Water will only take you so far come time to flower since promix has no amendments or nutrients in it.
How old is this girl ?

She is 28 days old in that picture. There are a few people here that really like this one:

PRO-MIX PREMIUM ORGANIC VEGETABLE & HERB MIX

Says its good for up to three months.

I first heard of it about a year ago. They sell at Lowes and other bigbox chains here in Canada.

Ill see if I can find the journal(s) where it was being used for you.

So you know. Ideal soil PH is 6.7.

For soil (or soilless soil,lol) your PH of your water going in is supposed to match up with your runoff. I'd take water PHd to 6.7 and water your plant to 10% runoff. PH that runoff. If it's low, like 6.1, then you know your soil is at around the 6.4 mark.....due to averages. Screw around a bit with your water (ph down or lemon juice) going in until your runoff and your feed water have buffered themselves and brought your soil to around the 6.7 PH. That is the ideal # for all of your NPK as well as essential minerals like calcium and magnesium to be absorbed. You can mess around with PH all day long but your plants are telling you the problem. I just battled a PH problem myself and misdiagnosed it as a calcium deficiency. You also look to be underfeeding bloom nutrients as your leaves are pretty pale. I'd do a feed, feed, water schedule once you get things rolling again, but give the girls a bit more Nitrogen to get them some colour.

You can check out both of my previous grows if you'd like, they were both with Promix HP and standard nutrient dosings.

That must be a new one . is there any journals of someone using it ?
I've not used that one either but even FFOF claims the same.....i wouldn't count on it or Kindsoil will be out of business lol.

Back
Top Bottom