Auto White Widow - Harvest ready?

Dayglo

420 Member
Hi everyone. First time grower and I reached that point where I'm wondering if I should flush or give it one last dose of nutes.

I'm at day 65 from seed (or 60 from first real leaves) but that plant is faster that its sisters so not sure I can give it more than 10 days. I fimmed (by accident which is slightly ironic) and it ended up with massive colas all over the place. They are roughly 9 inches tall and between 1 to 2 inches wide.

If I look at trichnomes, they look mostly milky and hairs are orange at 40% though I know White Widow is redheaded in the first place so can I use that as a reference ?

What do you think ? Thanks in advance. About to either feed a last dose of Overdrive or flush it tonight and harvest around the 20 or 21th :)

20171207_085830.jpg
ready_for_flush_or_not.jpg
closeup74.jpg

Re: Auto White Widow - harvest ready ?

Hi everyone. First time grower and I reached that point where I'm wondering if I should flush or give it one last dose of nutes.

I'm at day 65 from seed (or 60 from first real leaves) but that plant is faster that its sisters so not sure I can give it more than 10 days. I fimmed (by accident which is slightly ironic) and it ended up with massive colas all over the place. They are roughly 9 inches tall and between 1 to 2 inches wide.

If I look at trichnomes, they look mostly milky and hairs are orange at 40% though I know White Widow is redheaded in the first place so can I use that as a reference ?

What do you think ? Thanks in advance. About to either feed a last dose of Overdrive or flush it tonight and harvest around the 20 or 21th :)

20171207_085830.jpg
ready_for_flush_or_not.jpg
closeup74.jpg
Looks great

I still see a lot of white hairs, I think, pics a bit blurry

I'd give her a week or so more....

Tasty buds for sure..be patient...she looks fantastic

Re: Auto White Widow - harvest ready ?

Thanks Chris ! Only thing though is that the picture doesn't fully show all orange hairs but there's a bit more than it shows. I'll take a chance and give it one more feed at 1500ppm :) and give it two full flush before harvest. The catch is that I'm out of town 3 days around xmas and I don't want to push my luck.

Thanks ! Will add picts in 3 weeks before harvest :) can't wait for that plant to be ready, it's at least 2 or 3 weeks in advance compared with my other plants which I wasn't expecting. Somehow my newbie wishful thinking though they would all mature together .. as if..

so thanks again, I'll follow Chris and your advice to give it more time to fatten up !

I agree with the 3 weeks maybe longer i messed up and harvested a few of mine they looked more done than yours do and yeah a total screw up let a couple go almost a month longer and omg the wait was worth it patience is key mine where crop king white widow autos.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I'm at peace now with the fact I won't have a White Widow Xmas this year :)

Hey while having you around, I have some more questions, I posted in an other thread about it but just got views and no replies so I must not have provided enough details.

Just to provide some background (I was too busy to do a grow journal)
- CKS Auto WW , from seeds.
- 3 gallons fabric pots + promix
- Mars Pro Cree 128
- Using Advanced Nutrients PHPErfect line
- 20/4 light cycle since beginning
- temperature never goes above 80 degrees under lights, and go as low as 70 degrees when light is out.
- First true leaves were around Oct 9th.

so, all that said, here's a picture of my grow tent.

20171211_175654.jpg

Not sure if it shows enough on the picture, but the two front plants already have large buds (my original pictures in this thread are from the front right plant) while the two other plants have longer but thinner buds that don't seem like they'll ever look like the two others. They are also one hue darker green than the two front ones.

So ... what I think is pheno #1

20171210_212511.jpg

Now... Here's so called pheno #2 (or something just went wrong with them?)

20171211_173821.jpg
foxtail.jpg
20171211_175645.jpg

That one is a heavy drinker and might have been on the underwatered side, though I never lost any leaves or had any effects I could see, it's always the lighter pot when i water them. So might be different pheno AND a bit of issues.

That one is also my so called pheno #2 but buds are now finally growing.... See below.
20171211_182000.jpg

So... to resume my 2 questions :

1) Do I really have two phenos ? (and does the #2 look more sativish or it's just me)
2) will my stringy longer buds will ever fatten up or I missed that window.

thanks

To be honest i already harvested 5 of them i still have three of the auto ww from cks still flowering i planted them mid flower of the original five every one of the first five grew totaly diff from the others one had only leaves with three leaves another was tall and lanky another was short with fat colas etc. ill get my pics off my camera today and post some pics and some of the harvested buds in cureing the ones in cureing possibly the best smelling bud ive ever smelt takes ur breath away theres more hairs than anything lol but anyways to sum up your question i think you have different phenos considering we have used the same seeds the only difference in ur set up is ur cob led i just had a regular led nothing fancy the three in flower now are under a hps. Mine where 3gallon air pots with promix but transplanted with not enough dirt so they where mostly short and stocky. Hope this helps bud sorry for late reply if u where even asking me lol. Will post some pics later today so check back!!!!

Your best of waiting till the buds ripen right up, all the brown hairs retract back in on them selves and there mega dense, when drying these buds they hardilys ever shrink and stay the same size, believe me the hardest target in growing is just waiting it out, but when you do, you get amazing results.

Thanks again everyone ! Now the ones in the back are getting fatter and the one closest to harvest is getting so dense I'm already daydreaming of smoking it.

Ok here's new pictures from my almost ready baby. Keep in mind I had to use flash as I don't have good portable lighting here and the snowstorm of trichomes on it make it look whiter than it is.

20171216_102845.jpg
20171216_102840.jpg
20171216_102811.jpg

Your thoughts ? I fed it yesterday so should I consider a flush instead of a feed next time ? (it drinks every 4th day)

The other 3 plants are still behind and I will give them plenty of time to fatten as you all recommended. :)

Frozentime : did the short & fat ones gave a good yield and did you top them ? And I know I'm too newbie to predict dry weight but I'm hoping at least 3 ounces for that one. (the plant not the bud lol)

I would start flushing from monday for 2 weeks, they will fatten even more, are you growing in coco? if you are try doing little waterings everyday for the water to be taking in to slowly reduce the salts and nutrients left in the plant.

I would start flushing from monday for 2 weeks, they will fatten even more, are you growing in coco? if you are try doing little waterings everyday for the water to be taking in to slowly reduce the salts and nutrients left in the plant.

Thanks ! No coco, growing in pro mix with 3 gallons fabric pots. I normally feed them with one gallon per plant so I was going to flush with 3 gallons of ph-6 distilled water. (or should I just go with ph adjusted tap water. Tap water here has chlorine not the other variation and is roughly at 250ppm).

Out the 5 2where tall and lanky 3 where short and just fat ass thick buds again i messed up thats why they where so short :-/ but got about 2 ounces dried was about 5 before cureing but no didnt top wish i did i got some white lsd autos that i topped doesnt seem like it messed it up everyone is 50/50 to top or not to top autos but in the future if i grow more autos i will will have pics in about an hour

Out the 5 2where tall and lanky 3 where short and just fat ass thick buds again i messed up thats why they where so short :-/ but got about 2 ounces dried was about 5 before cureing but no didnt top wish i did i got some white lsd autos that i topped doesnt seem like it messed it up everyone is 50/50 to top or not to top autos but in the future if i grow more autos i will will have pics in about an hour

Buy fem seeds rather than autos, 20L pots, coco/perlite 60/40 mix and 600w hps, i keep pulling 20+ oz everytime, untrained, screedn 14" above pots then keep tying them down just like a scrog and 8 weeks later your perfect.

What seed are you using out of interest? I've got 4 WW Auto on the go at the minute, all different ages but my oldest is 60days since sprout. It's still nowhere near ready, yours look slightly further along though. The structure of yours looks like mine, I was anxious that the buds on mine are looking airy. Mine are from Pyramid Seed though.

Back
Top Bottom