Tops and new growth yellowing with every water & feed

Spondylo Grow

Hello everyone. Fairly new grower seeking tips, ideas, suggestions, etc...
Currently growing 4 plants under LED in a small tent (all specs below). For the most part, the plants seem healthy and everything is moving right along. But for some reason unknown to me, every time I water, whether it be with plain, ph'd tap water, or with nutrient solution, the tops of the plants and the newest/youngest growth will yellow slightly for a day or two. It always recovers and looks good with no yellow at all after about 2 days, but it seems to be a regular thing, so I am not sure what I am missing. My best guess, is that the ph of the soil is off, but the runoff tells me that it is not (6.2-6.4average). I balance the water and nutrient solution always before watering, but still see the problem with each watering. I don't believe I am over watering either. Barely watering to any runoff. It seems to be persistent whether I water with no runoff or with a lot of runoff. Also occurs whether I use nutes or just give plain water. I still see the problem. I don't worry too much about it, because they do recover swiftly, and I suspect it a little late to do much about, but if I can learn something moving forward, that would be great. Below are the specs. Any help or ideas are much appreciated.
BcTLckCD1CW

SOIL GROW

Strain - Greenpoint Seeds: The Deputy (Stardawg x Bruce Banner#3) and Cookies N Chem (Cookies N Cream x Stardawg)
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Day 10 of flower, Vegged for 45 days (pic was taken while still in veg)
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon smartpots
Lights - Growblu Evo 360 (400 watt full spectrum LED)
Nutrients - General Hydronponics: FloraMicro, FloraGrow, FloraBloom, Liquid Koolbloom, CaliMagic (Cal/Mag) All nutes used at less than 1/2 strength. Closer to 1/4 strength.
Medium - Roots Organic with added perlite and pelletized dolomite lime (1 tbsp per gallon)
PPM - I feed at around 500-525 ppms when i feed and alternate with plain water every 3rd or 4th watering.
PH - I ph balance at around 6.3 - 6.5 before each watering.
RH - 40% to 60%
Room Temperature - 68 to 78
Solution Temperature - 69 degrees Fahrenheit
Room Square Footage - 3' x 3' x 6' tent
Pests - None
20171007_135542.jpg

re: Tops and new growth yellowing with every water & feed

Everything looks good to me. It's common (and a little alarming) to see those yellowish spindly leaves forming as the flowering hormones reconfigure the growth tips into flower, but unless I'm missing something (and of course I might well be...), you're OK there. Your nutes look great. (I use most of the same ones--the basic FloraSeries line.)

If you want to try an adjustment, chlorosis in new growth is usually a lack of nitrogen, so you could bump up the proportion of FloraGro a tad, but really, I think you're OK.

Please post an update to let us see how it goes. Wanna see dem flowers! :thumb:

re: Tops and new growth yellowing with every water & feed

Hey, thanks a lot! I really appreciate the input. Happy to hear all of this. I felt like things were going ok and was not terribly concerned at this point, but it's really nice to hear a second opinion.

Overall, the plants seem and look happy to me , so I don't think I am going to make much, if any, adjustment at this time. Less is more, right?

I'll be sure to post an updated picture or two to show them off as they go through flower phase. Here is a small teaser of the Cookies N Chem, at day 10.
IMG_20171208_234549_234.jpg

Back
Top Bottom