Which CFL light will be good?

smokejoint

Hi guys, forgive me its maybe a stupid question but i want to grow indoors with a CFL bulb (200W) and i dont know which bulb to choose. Can i use a Flowering spectrum CFL also for the growth phase? I dont want to buy one CFL for growth phase and another one for flowering phase. Or what about a DUAL spectrum CFL, is it better and would it be good for both phases? Or is it necessary to use growth spectrum for growing phase and flowering spectrum for flowering phase?

Thanks in advance for any help.

My understanding is that CFLs are out of date and a better choice is household LED light bulbs for better quality light and much longer life.

You can get warm white (2700K) up to cool white (3500K?). Despite the what the spectrum fetishists says, any will work. If you just want one color, I'd suggest going with cool white. MORE light is what matters most. Plan on 200 actual watts (not "equivalent") at least for one smallish plant. Very quickly however, the cost (and hassle) of multiple bulbs, sockets, power strips, etc reaches the point where a basic 450 watt LED grow light or a cheap metal halide light makes more sense.

Good luck and have fun.

Iv grown with a 250w and a 340w cfl and had great results but one thing i would say is keep your plant low and even canopy, i gained 2.7oz of an autoflower cfl grow, it doesnt ound alot of yield but it worked well for me!

Iv grown with a 250w and a 340w cfl and had great results but one thing i would say is keep your plant low and even canopy, i gained 2.7oz of an autoflower cfl grow, it doesnt ound alot of yield but it worked well for me!

Definitely keep the light--CFL or LED light bulb--as close as you can to the plant (just inches away) without overheating it. Reflectors help too.

Thank you Scientific for the reply, as you can see in my sig im a fan of LED lights and i know that its much better than any CFL light. But currently i live with my mother and sister and i want to hide my grow as possible, thats why i decided to grow with CFL because its silent, i also have a Mars Hydro LED panel and its quite loud because of the fan. Now you are maybe saying that even CFL needs ventilation to keep the room cool and its also loud like the LED fan, but i have special silent fans which you can barely hear, so i want to combine it with a CFL bulb to keep the whole room silent as possible.

Thank you Scientific for the reply, as you can see in my sig im a fan of LED lights and i know that its much better than any CFL light. But currently i live with my mother and sister and i want to hide my grow as possible, thats why i decided to grow with CFL because its silent, i also have a Mars Hydro LED panel and its quite loud because of the fan. Now you are maybe saying that even CFL needs ventilation to keep the room cool and its also loud like the LED fan, but i have special silent fans which you can barely hear, so i want to combine it with a CFL bulb to keep the whole room silent as possible.

HI SJ -- To be clear, I meant LED light bulbs, like the ones they sell... everywhere these days--the ones that look like old fashioned incandescent light bulbs. They're silent too. ;)

Hi SG a couple comments

fyi There is nothing visible in your signature area on your posts.

I have used both led bulbs and led pot light bulbs to veg seedlings. Don't know about effectiveness for flower stage. The colour temp does matter though.

Lowes used to sell a led grow light - effectiveness not certain again. I rigged up a hanger system using a lamp cord kit ($8)

0265B8B3-9649-40B5-9DE0-6AD6CCEDB74D.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom