Led

The best advice i can give you is if it says its a 1000 and only drags 200 out the wall, all your getting is 200, many will tell you the same, the best man on this site named cultivator will tell you him self, for a decent LED light your looking at paying £1500-$2000.

You can have incredible success with budget LED. I know this from my own personal experience and watching those close to me. There are a TON of journals on here with a whole range of LED lights. A little research goes a long way. 90% of the people growing for personal use don't have a 2000$ budget for a light. That being said, if you're going with a company no one has ever heard of to save 20$... most of the time, you'll be sorry.

I use cheap leds work a treat
15ac6a3e0b44617d1acaafabf55b1983.jpg
5d518f15742d6c4cda6585fecdcbc44b.jpg
fc32ab8742c2c187da0c0d245fcba6af.jpg

I've got an Apollo 10 400W, draws 360W. Grow one plant sometimes 2. Works perfect for veg and bloom costs €400,-.
Never go for cheap chinese stuff, in breaks within days. Best Led is, Mars Hydro, Kind Led, Apollo, COB hortiled. Hortiled, Osram, phillips (only industrial)

Led can be very close to the top of cannopy, 20 cm.. But it kinda depends on how much heat comes of. My smaller led ufos can be on 10 cm. The Apollo i hold on 50 - 60cm

To be fair everyones got there good points and bad points about LED but i suppose what you save in electric (very little) for an LED grow you lose in a sense anyway for yield.

You pay say an extra 20% on electric and get alot bigger yield, iv sat and looked into it with other growers and its not worth it in my eyes buying a decent led so a good $1000, it would take yu ages to ever recooperate the loss/gain from that compared to a $100 ballast and $50 bulb.

But this is my own oppinion so doesnt really mean a thing.

Led is way cheaper then anything else. Cus 1 led light (a good one) burns for 50.000 hours. HPS 10.000 with loss of light strength in 4000hrs. Uses around 50% less power. Led emits less heat, so you'll need less water and ventilation. So overall led is cheaper. I noticed that my plants take a bit longer with Led, but generates more thc. Also the UV light in led 'damages' the plant wich result in more trichomes. Pinching your buds during bloom increases trichome growth as well.

To be fair everyones got there good points and bad points about LED but i suppose what you save in electric (very little) for an LED grow you lose in a sense anyway for yield.

You pay say an extra 20% on electric and get alot bigger yield, iv sat and looked into it with other growers and its not worth it in my eyes buying a decent led so a good $1000, it would take yu ages to ever recooperate the loss/gain from that compared to a $100 ballast and $50 bulb.

But this is my own oppinion so doesnt really mean a thing.
I went from 90 pound a week to 40 and get more yeilds cos temps arnt stupid high

Back
Top Bottom