She is too tall - What can I do?

420Mexico

I have limit space, I got told it was a GDP is a indica strain but she is getting to tall for my tent, what can I do she is starting 2 week of flowering any advice I will appreciate them.
420-magazine-mobile457687138.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1765814818.jpg

Re: She is to tall what can I do?

Yikes! Yah, that looks like a sativa to me. I'm a newbie grower, so my advice might not be the best, but I would consider supercropping and switching to CFLs. Don't heed my advice without waiting for an expert to chime in tho. I wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Best of luck! I also have a small tent and growing a sativa. The worry is real.

Re: She is to tall what can I do?

Yikes! Yah, that looks like a sativa to me. I'm a newbie grower, so my advice might not be the best, but I would consider supercropping and switching to CFLs. Don't heed my advice without waiting for an expert to chime in tho. I wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction.

Best of luck! I also have a small tent and growing a sativa. The worry is real.

Thanks for the advice I'm a nob too at growing my first crop, I was thinking steer but I don't want to mess it up I think best option I have is to give her a direction until the bugs come more out, thank you.

In your second picture, about 1/4 of the way up the stem is a cluster that could be male pollen sacs.

Inkedmightbemale_LI.jpg

If its a male and you can isolate him, always good to have some pollen around to make your own seeds,

In your second picture, about 1/4 of the way up the stem is a cluster that could be male pollen sacs.

Inkedmightbemale_LI.jpg

If its a male and you can isolate him, always good to have some pollen around to make your own seeds,

420-magazine-mobile2092347267.jpg
I can't believe I dint notice I have a male, lol my 1st plant, I was thinking of keeping it and have seeds from it but my question is do I still do the 12/12 on it? And how long would it take? I also can start with some other clones of Cookies, what would u recommend me?

You can't get seeds without a female plant, what you have here is a male. From what it looks I see some of the balls already burst open, that means you have active pollen floating around. If you want you can collect that pollen to make seeds in the future. I would recommend starting over and sanitizing everything with bleach before hand.

Mate, if you didn't notice them male flowers you really need to sit back and think if this is for you. Some people think because we call it weed it will grow no matter what. It's not the case, as these forums show day in day out. Cannabis is very demanding. You should really be sexing it as soon as the pre-flowers show, which won't be hard if you are paying the close attention you need to grow this crop. I would collect some pollen and store it in the freezer or sell it - is in high demand and seed banks don't sell it for obvious reasons. Hack it down, bleach and then bleach again. Then sit down with for a nice cannabis and coffee sesh whilst you read some books on growing! If you want to keep it going for whatever reason, just hack the top off - yield is not an issue with it being male - you will get no smoke from that boy.

Mate, if you didn't notice them male flowers you really need to sit back and think if this is for you.

Every one has to start somewhere i found your comment to be quite insulting towards him, you may not have ment it but we all make mistakes and thats why the site is here for us to guide, help and support him.

Seriously? I am trying to save the guy lots of money and time. I could have said easy mistake, keep it going and try again once your satisfied it will not yield anything. That would be a silly approach, and cost the guy alot of wasted money! But it's not an easy mistake to make, so I am saying if you are not paying attention to the extent you have allowed a male to flower so obviously and still think you will get seed or smoke from it, it would do well to chop, read, learn and start again.

We are all adults, we don't need mothering, I have just reread what I wrote and I think it covered all the points of what to do depending on the options he has, and advises him how his future grows would benefit from learning some basics, whilst pointing out what has gone wrong this time - not paying enough attention or not having nearly enough knowledge to start another grow, like I've just said I'm not going to say easy mistake try again and let him waste another substantial amount of time and money when he is nowhere near ready by kidding him that this is an easy mistake - which it isn't!

I would also be ordering your own seeds. I wouldn't waste my time on a random seed someone said it was such and such. Lot of time to wait an it turn out to be wrong Get a nice an easy auto. I am on my first grow myself. And I must admit I did blaze it and hit the books first before I started.. I managed to squeeze 3 into my 20x20 hight 40in tent. Defo get yourself a nice little auto. 1 love

We are all adults, we don't need mothering, I have just reread what I wrote and I think it covered all the points of what to do depending on the options he has, and advises him how his future grows would benefit from learning some basics, whilst pointing out what has gone wrong this time - not paying enough attention or not having nearly enough knowledge to start another grow, like I've just said I'm not going to say easy mistake try again and let him waste another substantial amount of time and money when he is nowhere near ready by kidding him that this is an easy mistake - which it isn't!

I would reconsider your rant. Any mistake is an easy mistake for someone who doesnt know what they are doing. This guy has obviously invested in growing marijuana, he has more than I did when I started, telling him he should quit can only be considered a jerk move.

420Mexico, Keep it up my man your plant looked very healthy besides the fact that it was a male. You will get a good harvest eventually.

Please read what I said, I simply said read and learn, if you don't read and learn you may as well quit. Please don't be what the UK media would call a snowflake. I wish people were a little more to the point when I started out, it would have saved me a hell of a lot of time. The plant looks healthy indeed, but a male plant can be as healthy as you like, if you can't sex it you have a none starter. Secondly, my message was not to you in any case. I am not going to end every message with 'well done, good job, one love, peace, namaste' just because you feel that it is offensive if I don't.

1st: Not being a jerk doesnt make someone a snowflake. Its called tact, you can tell someone something without being perceived as an a-hole

2nd: Telling someone to quit isnt being to the point.

3rd: BOOOOOOO to you. I have never in my life been called a snowflake, i dont melt, I dont congratulate people when they did a shitty job, but I am also not a mean person who tells people to quit after trying something once. You can justify your words anyway you like but you told the dude to quit. If you dont see how that is jerky you never will.

Continue ranting all you like but I am done. :thedoubletake:

I feel like you went from bad to worse in the span of 3 replies. The community here is awesome and will always support each other with a positive mentality. If you want people to act like yourself, I am afraid this is not the place for you. We may be snowflakes but at least we are not discouraging people from growing. Yea I agree you have to be direct to people, so am going to be direct with you, this thread had already had a resolution, you have not added anything to the conversation besides pissing people off. In the future perhaps phrase your replies better, a little diplomacy will go a long way.
:Namaste:

I seriously can't think of any other way to tell someone that they need to read a book and learn before attempting to start again, whilst at the same time advising how to make the most of the money and time lost. Of course you don't like my 3rd message, I have been pissed off. Nobody needs you or anybody else censoring what people can and cannot say. I refuse to be dictated to by a complete stranger who has butted into what was a message between two people. I have never censored myself, I have never had anyone tell me I should or need to, I am certainly not going to be told by a complete stranger how I should use the English language. Seriously, this concerns you not.

Back
Top Bottom