Too much light?

1jacker

Hello guys I'm very new to growing indoors. I have a question about lighting. I have a 3×3 Grow tent with king LED 3000 W and yes it's 3000w. I had 600w hPS in it until a week ago. My plants are about 2 feet tall and four weeks into flowearing. Will this be a problem ???

3000 watts! I'm curious what the actual wattage is. Any idea how much current that thing is drawing from the wall?

Assuming it's about 1500 watts actual and you're keeping it at least a couple of feet (or more!) above the tops of the plants, the only problem I can think of is that LED grow lights tend to have a very concentrated hot spot directly under the center of the light due to the lenses on the individual LED, which could be a death ray if it was too close. I'm seeing discussion here about using two or more smaller lights rather than one big one for just that reason.

A photo would be nice...

3000 watts! I'm curious what the actual wattage is. Any idea how much current that thing is drawing from the wall?

Assuming it's about 1500 watts actual and you're keeping it at least a couple of feet (or more!) above the tops of the plants, the only problem I can think of is that LED grow lights tend to have a very concentrated hot spot directly under the center of the light due to the lenses on the individual LED, which could be a death ray if it was too close. I'm seeing discussion here about using two or more smaller lights rather than one big one for just that reason.

A photo would be nice...

Can't find anything on the 3000 with a quick search, found a 2000 that says this:

Energy saving: just consumes about 380w power

They all seem to have different ways of coming up with their numbers or something ;) As my 600w lights draw about 230w each.

Hello guys I'm very new to growing indoors. I have a question about lighting. I have a 3×3 Grow tent with king LED 3000 W and yes it's 3000w. I had 600w hPS in it until a week ago. My plants are about 2 feet tall and four weeks into flowearing. Will this be a problem ???

Yeah that's a problem

That's will fry your plants in that size space if I was to guess unless you got c02 boost maybe. Outtake fans like crazy but even then light stress problem s and maintaining heat from the light on that right space not on movers or anything I dunno buddy . Just thinking out loud here .

OK guys first off I want to thank you guys for help me out. I am so new to this and everything does help. OK here's what I have. I have a 2000 W king LED and I also a 1000 W king LED. From what I've looked up. The thousand watt polls 265 from the wall and the 2000 Pulls 530. So does this mean a 800 W HPS would be equal? Also I remove the HPS because of the heat in my basement and with the AC on all the time my bill was expensive. My temperature would hit 88° with the HPS 79 with the LEDs But the temperatures have dropped outside dramatically so that would help with it being so cool. So after two days I look at the plans with the two LED lights and there's quite a few leaves turn yellow. Like the color of a banana. So I removed most of the bad leaves last night and left the 2000 W in there. They were about 18 inches away from the tops. Now they're close to 28 inches from top. And when I get home tonight I will see what's going on and update. Thank you once again guys

Back
Top Bottom