MH for flower?

av8ersteve

Hey all. Been using MH for veg and HPS for flower for many, many, years. Now, I am having people tell me to flower WITH my MH systems, and I'll have more potent medicine. Should I try this? I am almost ready to flip 2 Blue Dream girls. Opinion PLEASE!

Spectrum purists will insist that you must change bulbs, but people can and have been using HPS or MH all the way from seed to harvest and it has worked just fine. I don't think that potency is particularly affected one way or the other by the color of the light. Within the color range of MH to HBS, intensity of light is much more important.

(Now the spectrum purists come running, PAR meters in hand, decrying the heresy.)

I m a newbie to growing cannabis but not so much lighting as i run salt water aquariums. The same debate about lighting rages on there. What you were doing with the mh for veg and hps for flower is and has been a proven method for years. If it's not broken dont fix it.

Have used MH and HPS all my life. People will tell you it's hard to get good results in veg using either of them.

I've always gone right the way through using HPS or MH (using different bulbs for veg and flower) and have got better results each garden

420-magazine-mobile1951860878.jpg

This is my current garden at 5 weeks using a GAVITA600se turned down to 250 watts and placed 23 inches above the canopy

I've nearly started wars on here advocating HPS over LEDs. But the pic speaks for itself ;)

Back
Top Bottom