When you flip

You can do it either way. You're going to get both answers. Breeders times are usually advertised shorter so you'll buy the seeds anyways. So from 12/12 or from flower either way is just an estimate. You're going decide in the end. Just my opinion. Good luck.

I read a good article earlier. It said breeders times are usually from first flower. So if you choose to count from 12:12 you're going to think the plant is taking a long time. Where as if you count 12/12 then you're going to think wow that finished fast.

ef481c3fcab7ac12ecdd8a210aecd18f.jpg

Example of estimated flowering time by a cannabis breeder the speed at which your plant grows can seem faster or slower depending on your expectations. If you expect your plant for flowering for 8 weeks but instead it takes 12, your plant will seem slow. But if you expect 13 weeks of flowering and only need 12, 12 weeks seems faster.

When looking at the estimated flowering time for a strain (information you can find with nearly every strain from a trustworthy seed source), remember that most breeders start counting when first flowers appear, not after the switch to 12/12. That might be fine for outdoor growers, but indoor growers should add two weeks to the breeder's listed time for a more accurate estimate.

Even when doing that, in general, most cannabis plants take a little longer than the breeder's recommendation to be "fully" mature. This is partially because people are more likely to buy "fast-maturing" strains.

I usually go from the date of flip, sometimes plus a week depending on the color of Trichromes. Trichromes are the best indicator, cloudy and just starting go amber is when I take mine for harvest.

Back
Top Bottom