Hi fellow cannabis lovers I need your help - More light needed?

hempcoinyeah

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and it's a pleasure to be part of this community. I have read many posts from this site before in my initial investigations into growing cannabis so I decided to create an account and hook myself up with some serious growers and hopefully some great advice. I have been a cannabis lover since my early 20s and only recently ventured into the world of trying to grow which I am loving and will continue to be passionate about for many years to come. Anyway enough of all that soppy shit, I'm looking for some input/advice into my recent efforts as to whether I can do things better moving forward and solve any current issues.

DETAILS OF CURRENT GROW:

I have been growing Auto Blue Diesel for just over 9 weeks which i got from * Advanced Auto Blue Diesel Autoflowering Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds. I'm expecting much bigger buds than I have this far.

I have a 1000w LED Full spectrum light, on 20 hours on 4 hours off schedule in a 1m x 1m grow tent. 25 degrees Celcius environment and have been using all Biobizz nutrients from the beginning following this (404: archivo o directorio no encontrado.). I have applied some LST to this grow which has worked great. I welcome any advice/thoughts and look forward to hearing them.

Here are some current pics taken today:
20180109_162330.jpg

View image in gallery

How far are your lights ?
And sorry you said soil?

Welcome to 420 this places saved my life .

Also always when posting pics to ask for help. Please consider a clear picture with no purple in it is best for the top dawgs to help ya out .

My first is where is light at?

thanks for quick reply and advise on no purple pic.

i didn't think too much about the distance from light as i thought it was enough from where it was. clearly i was wrong. lol. i would guess that lights have been about 50cm away from the plant.

the soil i am using was just generic soil from a garden centre then i mixed it with perlite.

the plant looks healthy right? nutrients all good. consistently 6.5 pH.

thanks for quick reply and advise on no purple pic.

i didn't think too much about the distance from light as i thought it was enough from where it was. clearly i was wrong. lol. i would guess that lights have been about 50cm away from the plant.

the soil i am using was just generic soil from a garden centre then i mixed it with perlite.

the plant looks healthy right? nutrients all good. consistently 6.5 pH.

Yes your ph is good everything else looks perfect but those lights so far away hurt you this grow buddy . drop those lights to about 40 for a few days the. 30 for a few then 20 you can go at least 20".

Just bring it in slowly .

Also try to keep a oscillating fan between the top of your plants and the light .

Also try to keep the temp around 75-77 growers have different opinions most most ideal hot spots I've gathered from bros .

And humidity is important role as well bud dial in flowering now to about 40-50 % room humidity or relative humidity the pros say.

Veg you messed up bud next time you have to start from seed about 30" away then let it grow into the light until you notice it's not really reaching upwards on the fans leafs .
Then move lights more again .
If you miss it is hard to get t back in again I'm realizing myself .

It's all about temperature in veg and when you.

Three things to grow weed and let it thrive to maximum potential.

1 light
2 air /ventilation or co2 supply .
3 temperature and humidity .

Dial those in get bigger plants as faster growth .

May I ask if you are protecting your roots with anything currently .

An enzyme cleaner I recommend is z7 and I'm pretty sure someone please mistake me if I'm
Wrong but it's compatible with all mediums hydro soil etc .

Or hydrogaurd I've not used this product yet but heard it's good for it buck.

Sorry what these products are more or less and google as well them if you'd like are essentially a living agent that cleans your medium and protect your roots from bad bacteria and algae also helps roots survive in unstable environments a little better which can help protect you from root rot or other foilar issues And so forth .

Besides that I feel you did well I bet you your next run you will amaze yourself here on 420z

Welcome aboard always great to start a journal and say high to the family .

Much love and happy growing bud ..

Yes it is said a general rule is to stay at 28-32 " away depending on space it is in as well and how intense the light is .

Then veg 18-24

And flowering 12-18 general

For led anyways

You have a nice tent size sorry I'm lazy what is 1 meter ? In foot ? Or inches bud ?

50 cm is 19.5 inches so that seems ok now, but how far away was it during veg? I'm wondering about your watering schedule and nute strength. Do you have a PPM meter to measure dissolved solids in your nutrient water?

At 63 days there's plenty of time to bulk up those buds but you want to make sure it's getting enough nutrients for this stage of growth. It was def missing something during veg to get that lanky.

See if you can tie that top stem down to the side to even out the canopy and then you can lower the light.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and it's a pleasure to be part of this community. I have read many posts from this site before in my initial investigations into growing cannabis so I decided to create an account and hook myself up with some serious growers and hopefully some great advice. I have been a cannabis lover since my early 20s and only recently ventured into the world of trying to grow which I am loving and will continue to be passionate about for many years to come. Anyway enough of all that soppy shit, I'm looking for some input/advice into my recent efforts as to whether I can do things better moving forward and solve any current issues.

DETAILS OF CURRENT GROW:

I have been growing Auto Blue Diesel for just over 9 weeks which i got from * Advanced Auto Blue Diesel Autoflowering Feminised Seeds - Herbies Seeds. I'm expecting much bigger buds than I have this far.

I have a 1000w LED Full spectrum light, on 20 hours on 4 hours off schedule in a 1m x 1m grow tent. 25 degrees Celcius environment and have been using all Biobizz nutrients from the beginning following this (404: archivo o directorio no encontrado.). I have applied some LST to this grow which has worked great. I welcome any advice/thoughts and look forward to hearing them.

Here are some current pics taken today:

Hey also look at getting fabric or smart pots 420 sponsor had geo smart pots that look super wicked .

But the fabric pots will allow your roots to air prune and also let your medium try more evenly . .

50 cm is 19.5 inches so that seems ok now, but how far away was it during veg? I'm wondering about your watering schedule and nute strength. Do you have a PPM meter to measure dissolved solids in your nutrient water?

At 63 days there's plenty of time to bulk up those buds but you want to make sure it's getting enough nutrients for this stage of growth. It was def missing something during veg to get that lanky.

See if you can tie that top stem down to the side to even out the canopy and then you can lower the light.

Crap thank god your here shed. 59 cm not inches Jesus .

My bad . think it was his feeding as well

No way that lamp is 1000w! What is the brand and model?

Yes, more light ;)

Looks like the had a bad start, they should swell up a little more, drop the light to 40cm above canopy.
What size are the pots?
The potting soil you buy might contain too much fertilizer for the early stages of growth. Use a propagation mix or light-mix for that.

The schedule link doesn't work, but if it's the Biobizz schedule you should'nt use that...

No way that lamp is 1000w! What is the brand and model?

Yes, more light ;)

Looks like they had a bad start, they should swell up a little more, drop the light to 40cm above canopy.
What size are the pots?
The potting soil you buy might contain too much fertilizer for the early stages of growth. Use a propagation mix or light-mix for that.

The schedule link doesn't work, but if it's the Biobizz schedule you should'nt use that...

wow guys you are legends, thanks so much. 1 meter is 3 and a bit feet. All I have used are biobizz nutrients off this schedule:

Is there any feeding schedules out there you would recommend for autoflowers?

I think I got stung on the LED which makes sense now why it was under 100 euros.

I'll get some bigger fabric pots next time too.

Regarding soil yeah I should buy a light mix next time or maybe I could try coco soil, would you guys recommend coco soil?

I don't have a PPM meter something else I have overlooked, next time ay?

Thanks for all the other tips. You are my saviours.

:volcano-smiley:

Also start at 1/4 the dose

Best is to plant and water only for first two weeks.

As most mediums have enough pre ferts as higher ppm is not needed but as the plant ages and grows it require more food .

I have a grow journal that has some great info on ppm and pics of air pruned roots in my current journal king head band if you'd like i grab you a link and share it here .

Let me know

pls Kingjoe83 that would be great , thx man.

Also, I've read varying things on whether to prune Autoflowers, lollipopping, does anyone have an opinion on that? I know you shouldn't HST them.

I will get there one day and with your help i will get there faster. After years and years of buying whatever you get given , since I emigrated I have been keen to grow and try some 1:1 THC;CBD strains and leave my head a break from the high THC trippy stuff. Has anyone tried any of the Medical strains ?

:thanks:

Hey bud no problem I'll go grab a link for ya . And yes you can lolly pop but I would go on seedfinder see what reviews and the breeder says it likes get us much info as possible on what your growing.

Also speaking of medical strains crop kings seeds has a few great ones to chose from . Cb dutch treat I have not grown one yet but it is on my list next grow .

I would test a branch or two for using different methods and see how it responds ?
Then if you like results. Apply on others ?

Off to grab ya my link

Derbybud is growing some of those cbd crop king seeds check him out say hi tell him kingjoe83 sent ya.

Super nice fella think he is just on the way with them if not mistake.ln as well brb my current journal .
King's Headband 818 - Indoor - Coco - Winter Grow
King's Headband 818 - Indoor - Coco - Winter Grow

And here is derby bud give it a quick read .

Derbybud Does Crop King's CBD Strains In Coco & More
Derbybud Does Crop King's CBD Strains In Coco & More

Also, I've read varying things on whether to prune Autoflowers, lollipopping, does anyone have an opinion on that? I know you shouldn't HST them.

Autoflowers should not be pruned. Some top very early (like 3rd or 4th node) but after that it slows down growth and lowers production. Leaf tucking, branch spreading, and -when they're young- LST would be best.

wow guys you are legends, thanks so much. 1 meter is 3 and a bit feet. All I have used are biobizz nutrients off this schedule:

Is there any feeding schedules out there you would recommend for autoflowers?

With Biobizz start out with 50% of the recommended dosage with every watering and if needed add a little more, if your water is pH 6-7ish there's no need to do anything but add nutes, PPM doesn't matter either, that's for chemical nutes.
If you follow the schedule, which is hard since it's based on how much to feed per week, you will feed way too much or too little in the end depending on how often the plant needs watering.

Water with 20% of pot size(except for the first couple of week when they don't drink much) and let soil go almost dry between waterings.

You can skip Bio-Heaven, Acti-Vera and Root-Juice if you like.

Check this out: Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis

I think I got stung on the LED which makes sense now why it was under 100 euros.

Yeah, you don't get quality at that price.

I recommend you visit Kingbrite's alibaba site and check out a DIY COB kit, a 4 COB kit would be nice for your space and you can use the lamp you have for supplemental lighting.

I'll get some bigger fabric pots next time too.

Get 3 gallon (11L) fabric pots if you want to grow autos, bigger pot doesn't do much more for them, this pot size is great for medium sized photoperiod plants as well.

Regarding soil yeah I should buy a light mix next time or maybe I could try coco soil, would you guys recommend coco soil?

Keep it simple, stay in soil and get to know the plant. Coco is much like hydro and you have to water/feed all the time and correct pH and EC often.

You can top autos early(no later than above 4th node), LST or use the Ponytail technique.

Until you get the hang of autos, just let them grow but feel free to cut off yellow/dead leaves and leaves shading out bud sites.
You can cut off undergrowth/larf as well, but do it as early as possible.

It's a hardy plant and will take a lot of abuse :)

An enzyme cleaner I recommend is z7 and I'm pretty sure someone please mistake me if I'm
Wrong but it's compatible with all mediums hydro soil etc .

Or hydrogaurd I've not used this product yet but heard it's good for it buck.

That would kinda counter the whole organic thing and probably kill off good bacteria too!

Do you have a PPM meter to measure dissolved solids in your nutrient water?

PPM is irrelevant in organic growing ;)

thx for all your input you legends. I'm gonna check out all your journals and posts soon. Anyone recommend any good 1:1 autoflower strains to buy? and a better boibizz schedule? :thanks::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom