Partial Harvest & Trichome Color

adlgreen

Hi All,

This is sort of a two part question, and I apologize if these have been asked/answered before!

Today is day 50 of flower for my first try at growing (Super Lemon Haze, from seed). I have 4 girls in a 3x3 tent running a 150w LED by ALD Green in California. I know that may sound a bit insufficient, but this light has some serious power per watt, as you can see by the results so far. I am using organic nutrients (medi kit) from Green Planet here in Vancouver, BC.

My first question is regarding trichomes. Starting around week 5, I started noticing amber trichomes on some of the sugar leaves. Now at week 7, they have spread to the actual buds. I am still very new, but it appears all trichomes are cloudy or amber, none clear anymore. Is it possible I am ready for harvest, even though the strain typically takes 9-10 weeks?

My second question is regarding a multi stage harvest. As you can see in some of my photos, I have many undeveloped buds growing in the under canopy. I gave the plants a good trimming around week 3 of 12/12, and by week 5 I had bud sites sprouting up everywhere. I decided to leave them in hopes they would mature, but they are still not even close. Should I harvest the top colas and leave the bottom for a few more weeks?

So, in summary:
1) Do my plants look ready to harvest, even though I am only at week 7? I have read that Super Lemon Haze takes 9-10 weeks minimum.
2) If they are ready, can I do a multi stage harvest to capitalize on the small budlets in the undercanopy?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

IMG_107652.JPG
IMG_107745.JPG
IMG_107847.JPG
IMG_107949.JPG
IMG_107342.JPG
IMG_107545.JPG
IMG_107246.JPG
IMG_108458.JPG
IMG_108351.JPG
IMG_108257.JPG

I looked at ALD Green and saw only a 600 watt. Your pics sure don't look like 150, so you sure it wasn't a 600? Just curious.

Don't worry too much about what the harvest time is "supposed to be." That's variable. If your trichs are all cloudy and even turning amber, it's ready.

If you want to harvest the ripe flowers first and leave the immature ones in the understory for later, that makes perfect sense to me. The lower ones do look like they could go longer.

Nice job for a first grow by the way. :thumb:

I think the buds have at least 2-3 weeks left , the top buds still have a lot of bulking to do, don't rush ,patience is the key, check the trichomes on the buds not the leaves, hazes take at least 10 weeks ,that's after you have seen bud formation , you've come this far would be a shame to cut early, looking good.

I looked at ALD Green and saw only a 600 watt. Your pics sure don't look like 150, so you sure it wasn't a 600? Just curious.

Don't worry too much about what the harvest time is "supposed to be." That's variable. If your trichs are all cloudy and even turning amber, it's ready.

If you want to harvest the ripe flowers first and leave the immature ones in the understory for later, that makes perfect sense to me. The lower ones do look like they could go longer.

Nice job for a first grow by the way. :thumb:

MAXYIELD
TECH SPECS
DIODES
INPUT POWER
100 - 277 - 347 - 480v
OUTPUT POWER
150 Watts
HOUSING
Extruded Aluminum
SIZE AND DIMENSIONS
14" x 14" x 4" (35.6 x 35.6 x 10.2 cm)
WEIGHT
18.5 lbs (1.81 kg) - 26.2 lbs (11.9 kg) with ballast
PHOTON FLUX
2200+ umol/s
HRS
100,000+ Hours
THERMAL MANAGEMENT
Passive
WATER RESISTANCE
IP67
MANUFACTURE LOCATION
Made in U.S.A.
BALLAST
Unit or Wall Mounted

Im growing super lemon haze at the moment and been advised to go to week 10, as for your under growth i wouldnt worry about that, the next 3 weeks should put a little wait on them or just use it as trim, next time you do it just trim 2-3 weeks into flower all of the under growth that does not get light this helps force energy to your main colas, lovely grow!

Grow then a few weeks longer there is still a lot of clear tricomes and whit postols and I agree with selection harvest. Trust take what you think is done and let the rest continue to grow

Back
Top Bottom