Is this normal?

xxxcxy

Hi! This is my first time growing cannabis. I'm growing autoflowering AK-48 seeds. (I've tried three seeds for first, only this one germinated properly) It'sn growing for 2 weeks now.
It's growing quite tall, but it only has a few leaves. What causes this? Or is it normal? I'm growing indoors with CFL lights. (The leaves are actually darker, just the picture shows it light. I don't have any problems with the darkness of the leaves.)
Here are some pictures of the plant:

I'd really appreciate some help!

d62ZtgR_1_.png

Hi! This is my first time growing cannabis. I'm growing autoflowering AK-48 seeds. (I've tried three seeds for first, only this one germinated properly) It'sn growing for 2 weeks now.
It's growing quite tall, but it only has a few leaves. What causes this? Or is it normal? I'm growing indoors with CFL lights. (The leaves are actually darker, just the picture shows it light. I don't have any problems with the darkness of the leaves.)
Here are some pictures of the plant:

I'd really appreciate some help!

Hey xxx the pics aren't showing up on my iPad. I am just marking this thread so I can look at it later. If I can't help you, I know folks who will. InTheShed is online right now, he's pretty good at autos.

Hi x, and welcome to 420!

It looks fairly fine to me, but maybe slow for an auto - I've only grown one auto, mostly photos, so can't be certain.

Lights too far away can make it stretch tall, and the pics don't show how far away the light is. I know with cfls you can safely get pretty close. There's some good threads here on CFL growing. Reading in some of those could help. Browse or search in the growers room. There's a mass of resources there.

There's 2 other things I'd say: overwatering can inhibit growth. You want to be letting it dry out between waterings, not until it wilts, but almost. And do you have drainage holes in the bottom of that container? Cannabis really doesn't like to have 'wet feet'.

Oh - and you'll want to wrap something around that clear pot it's in, exposing the roots to light isn't a good idea - pretty sure it will kill them.

Maybe try to post a pic showing how far away the lights are.

All the best - I'm sure someone else who knows about autos and/or CFLs will drop in sometime.

Good luck with it! .

Thank you for the reply! I'm gonna do all these things. Let's hope it'll grow better soon! :thanks:
Hi x, and welcome to 420!

It looks fairly fine to me, but maybe slow for an auto - I've only grown one auto, mostly photos, so can't be certain.

Lights too far away can make it stretch tall, and the pics don't show how far away the light is. I know with cfls you can safely get pretty close. There's some good threads here on CFL growing. Reading in some of those could help. Browse or search in the growers room. There's a mass of resources there.

There's 2 other things I'd say: overwatering can inhibit growth. You want to be letting it dry out between waterings, not until it wilts, but almost. And do you have drainage holes in the bottom of that container? Cannabis really doesn't like to have 'wet feet'.

Oh - and you'll want to wrap something around that clear pot it's in, exposing the roots to light isn't a good idea - pretty sure it will kill them.

Maybe try to post a pic showing how far away the lights are.

All the best - I'm sure someone else who knows about autos and/or CFLs will drop in sometime.

Good luck with it! .

Amy pretty much nailed it. Your light can be as close as 2 to 4 inches from the plant. When the leaves face up to the light, they want more. When they shy away, back it off. It is a good idea to keep light away from your root, not that they are showing yet, but you said you'd hide them. Part of your over watering problem could be there might not be holes in the bottom of your container. You NEED good drainage to make sure your roots don't suffocate. We all start with that problem. After you get good drainage, then wait for your soil to dry out. When you think you need to water, wait a day, maybe even two or three. Your plant will tell you everything you need to know. Here is a good link I found on here that I just started going by.

The Proper Way to Water a Potted Plant

Just don't flip out and do things to quickly. What happened to the plant last week won't manifest until this week for the most part. Even light burn takes a day to show up in most cases. What would be good is if you started a journal, posted pics of your setup and we can better serve you like that. You need a thermometer, she might be growing slow because she or her roots are cold. The humidity might be too low or high...without more info, we can never know, therefore only guess with you what is going on. Here are a few links to help you navigate the site and get the most out of it.

How to Make a Grow Journal

Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I hope this all help, good luck and let me know when you get a thread going. I'll subscribe. Click our signatures at the bottom of our replies to see out grow

How To Create a Signature - Step by Step Pictorial

Good Luck

Hey XXX, just wanted to let you in on some funny shit! I live in a small town. I went to go get pots for transplant yesterday, NONE! Anywhere. Amazon! Nope! I needed to transplant days earlier. So I went down every Isle looking for a proper fit. Bingo! Paint bucket liners and some tape. That bought me 2 weeks. Check out the grow today to see my beautiful rig job! They were clear, and I taped them. Now I need to go order some gallon pots!

Something Ive used is open top plastic garbage cans that you would have in a bathroom or kitchen. Dollar store should have them.

There's some forward thinking! While the $store is 2 hours away, I'm sure the local hardware store has some! I should have posted here first, oh well. I've got a week or two before they need into something else. By then the fabric pots should be here. As soon as I can finish the round of journal reading I am on right now, I'm going to come and check out your grows and see first hand your ingenuity! Great Idea!

Link please? I need to like/mark for later when I finish my current round of journal reading. If I don't have it marked, (in an inhaling a hit voice) I'll forget! Cough, cough!

Thank you for the comments! I'm probably gonna go to a grow shop tomorrow (I just found out that I have one in my city) and I'll get a new pot for my plant. I taped this one.

Try out a fabric pot if they have them. They air prune the roots so you don't end up with a pot bound plant if it gets big enough. Plus they are cheap, easy to clean and re-usable for quite a few grows! Did you start a journal yet xxx? As soon as you do, let me know and I'll sub!

They didn't have a fabric pot, I bought a regular plastic pot. They said it'll be good for my plant (although the seller was high). I successfully transplanted my plant in it.
I don't know if I'll start a journal yet, but when I will, I'll tell you! ;)

Cool man, I'll be there when you do. It has really helped me to have one. By the way, SNS has free samples of fungicide(244), spider mite control(217) and fungus gnat, white fly and other airborne pests you can try. I'd recommend starting those before they show up. If they meet adversity when they get there, they won't last. If you have the table set for a yummy dinner, your garden becomes Hotel California.

Thank you! I'm gonna check it out! By the way my plant is growing well now! I even have another one growing (it only has a few leaves yet but it's growing fast too!).

Back
Top Bottom