Help: Blueberry seeds not germinating

Biloxiblue

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and need some help. I have blueberry seeds I just got from cropking. I followed their germination instructions to the smallest detail. Soaked seeds for 14 hours, but none of them ever sank. I put them in the wet paper towels and kept it moist and at a steady 73 degrees, it's been eight days in the paper towels and still not one of the seeds has even cracked. Is there something I can do to help them or does this mean they simply are not going to grow. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Re: Help Blueberry seeds not germinating

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and need some help. I have blueberry seeds I just got from cropking. I followed their germination instructions to the smallest detail. Soaked seeds for 14 hours, but none of them ever sank. I put them in the wet paper towels and kept it moist and at a steady 73 degrees, it's been eight days in the paper towels and still not one of the seeds has even cracked. Is there something I can do to help them or does this mean they simply are not going to grow. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.
I'd try soaking again

Poke them down every couple hrs to try and make em sink

May contact cks and see what they say

Did you try all yer seeds?

I'd try soaking again

Poke them down every couple hrs to try and make em sink

May contact cks and see what they say

Did you try all yer seeds?

I've soaked all but two so that I was five seeds. Ck directed me to this forum. I suppose I'll try these last two and try soaking the others again tomorrow if nothing happens.

I've soaked all but two so that I was five seeds. Ck directed me to this forum. I suppose I'll try these last two and try soaking the others again tomorrow if nothing happens.
Separate the ones you tried and the new ones

I soak usually till I see the seed crack, can see the edge whiten from the tap root. Sometimes takes 2 days

Then into damp paper towels. I also started putting them in a Ziploc bag , puffed up with air in it, on a heating pad with a towel on it. Put heating pad on low so it's about 85deg

I just checked some tuff seeds and they popped

Good luck my friend

You soak them for more than 24 hours??? I was just following their directions where they said 14 hours and absolutely no more than 18 hours. You’ve soaked up to 48? Just making sure I understood you. Thanks

Separate the ones you tried and the new ones

I soak usually till I see the seed crack, can see the edge whiten from the tap root. Sometimes takes 2 days

Then into damp paper towels. I also started putting them in a Ziploc bag , puffed up with air in it, on a heating pad with a towel on it. Put heating pad on low so it's about 85deg

I just checked some tuff seeds and they popped

Good luck my friend

This how I germ my seeds too except I only have them in water for around 12 hours.

I had trouble as well with germination. Thank goodness cropking has great customer service and even hooked me up with a free Blueberry pk . Got a second chance and appreciate their standing by the process and product. Waiting for the mail ...... I actuall killed the two sucesses i did have. Over watered soil. Too many bad light adjustments. And then finally nutrient burned. Glad i found these forums. Ill be asking for help soon. Plz be kind.

More patience :p

In my own experience some seeds take longer to germinate than others it is just one of those things buddy, whilst i am happy with 3 to 5 days for em to pop some others do take longer... I once waited 11 days for some northern lights to sprout :eek::eek::eek:

I don't use any of the above methods for seed germination, i am just one off those geezers... but basic understanding standing of germination is moisture, warmth & time.

After I soak and sink the beans, I put mine in a soaked paper towel and slightly increase the temp (router or something that gives off a very little heat). Also have plenty of air circulating. I will rewet my paper towel if needed.

Please send all your failed beans this way

After I soak and sink the beans, I put mine in a soaked paper towel and slightly increase the temp (router or something that gives off a very little heat). Also have plenty of air circulating. I will rewet my paper towel if needed.

Please send all your failed beans this way
Lol that would be cool to have a pen pal seed community ill keep u in mind

I soak, wait till they crack. Scorio is absolutly right... sometimes 48 hours. Then i put them in Rapid Rooters.

If they arent at least cracking open, ask for your money back or a different strain... some seeds just suck. I once had 12 Lemon Skunk from DNA Gen. Only 2 made it to harvest but they did very well. Keep your chin up

I soak, wait till they crack. Scorio is absolutly right... sometimes 48 hours. Then i put them in Rapid Rooters.

If they arent at least cracking open, ask for your money back or a different strain... some seeds just suck. I once had 12 Lemon Skunk from DNA Gen. Only 2 made it to harvest but they did very well. Keep your chin up[/QUOTE
Appreciate that man i have two cracked already being careful as i can

So far I've had 100% germination with their seeds so far.
I was just working with some Northern Lights with a friend. he bought from them a while ago. 24 out of 24 germinated and they were all fighters. You just never know.

Back
Top Bottom