Can I use urea nitrogen in coco?

baxbax

just ordered synthetic urea nitrogen and decide using it in coco it's only nitrogen source i'm going to use for grow plus some pk , will urea work fine in coco ? I know hesi tnt has 100 urea nitrogen in it and is recommended for coco by company , will urea provide nitrogen in coco
as well as soil ?

I would suggest researching how urea works, which might discourage you. When you add it, it contributes N in the form of a gas (which is pretty cool), and that gas can escape. I think that would mean you'd want to mix the urea into the coco and not add it to water that you'd add to the coco later.

I'm all for experimentation, but I'm curious why you want to go this route when there are excellent fertilizers readily available already. Because it's cheap?

(BTW, I took a quick look, and it looks like urea also acidifies your soil.)

It seems to me that urea can be metabolized into ammonia by soil microorganism. I don`t think this is a good N source for hydroponics but may be workable in coco. Let us know how it works out.

I would suggest researching how urea works, which might discourage you. When you add it, it contributes N in the form of a gas (which is pretty cool), and that gas can escape. I think that would mean you'd want to mix the urea into the coco and not add it to water that you'd add to the coco later.

I'm all for experimentation, but I'm curious why you want to go this route when there are excellent fertilizers readily available already. Because it's cheap?

(BTW, I took a quick look, and it looks like urea also acidifies your soil.)

I can't add it directly to coco because it's in liquid form , I decide mix my own npk and I couldn't find nitrate N and I found this liquid urea ,. also it isn't that cheap, it smells like piss anyway , I bought also Hesi TNT complex witch is urea nitrogen and it's recommended for soil and coco but never used it just think there's reason why hesi put urea in coco ferterlizer (tnt) .

It seems to me that urea can be metabolized into ammonia by soil microorganism. I don`t think this is a good N source for hydroponics but may be workable in coco. Let us know how it works out.

I add wormcasting tea at start of grow in fresh coco to add some bacteria to coco and will continue doing this during grow , I dont know coco flushing can wash this bacteria benefits out of coco or no , and i'm using ec ferterlizer except this liquid urea for N .

It sounds like you have some imaginative experiments going on there! You will have your work cut out for you figuring out how to get that all to work. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom