Auto flowering

TokerToms

420 Member
Im thinking about trying auto flowering strains this time but Its my first time. My question is how many plants should I aim for in a 2,4mx2,4m (6m2) with 4x600w hps. growing Sog and a coco, perlite and vercumlite mix.

Since I have no control over veg and cannot flower them when right size, I think is can be tricky when i want a full grow room but not overfull.

- TT

Big room , nice

Ya maybe try a corner of it maybe

Be sure and do Yer homework on Autos
Seed to final pot, bigger deeper is good
Too early if u do, LST is good

Good luck

Big room , nice

Ya maybe try a corner of it maybe

Be sure and do Yer homework on Autos
Seed to final pot, bigger deeper is good
Too early if u do, LST is good

Good luck

Due to lack of space I do aprox one grow each year. Using a grow tent, co2 ect to max yeild so I can have weed longer before I have to grow more. Have used this system for a few years now and its working but with this new auto strains I wonder if I can get more yeild and grow less so I dont have the opertunety to experiment with how many i should try so i figure I throw in a few exstra and take them out if they overgrow.

Due to lack of space I do aprox one grow each year. Using a grow tent, co2 ect to max yeild so I can have weed longer before I have to grow more. Have used this system for a few years now and its working but with this new auto strains I wonder if I can get more yeild and grow less so I dont have the opertunety to experiment with how many i should try so i figure I throw in a few exstra and take them out if they overgrow.

Hi TokerT I'm no expert but do have my Read 1000 Journals Certificate.

I think these statements are representative of common trends - always exceptions.

You will get good yield from a properly cared for auto but it will always be less than an equivalent photoperiod.

What you gain is time. I don't know of any grow reports that have said that two auto grow cycles generates as much or more yield than a single photo. It may not be true.

Autos like deeper pots. I don't know of an optimum size for the root balls. Bigger is better but because of grow speeds there is a size where above that it wont matter.

Will you use more or less power, fertilizer, water, time I don't know.

I have recently read some great info about the 'footprint' of a light - the size of the area under it with the most useable light. Best practice is to align that with the plants avoiding gaps, low useful light spots and avoiding overlaps.

All the best

Now we are talking :) I was thinking in the area of 16-20 myself, 4-5 under each 600w pr. 1,2 m2. I agree with throwing in some more wattage but my setup does not alow more HPS but I think ill try to add 4-6x 80-150w LED full spectrum light bulbs.

Im not sure I understand the other post up there, a target yeld?

- TT

Im thinking about trying auto flowering strains this time but Its my first time. My question is how many plants should I aim for in a 2,4mx2,4m (6m2) with 4x600w hps. growing Sog and a coco, perlite and vercumlite mix.

Since I have no control over veg and cannot flower them when right size, I think is can be tricky when i want a full grow room but not overfull.

- TT

Think Im going to try 20x Autos of Big Bang to begin with, maybe I need to free up some space during flower but that way I atleast get 100% canopy

Now we are talking :) I was thinking in the area of 16-20 myself, 4-5 under each 600w pr. 1,2 m2. I agree with throwing in some more wattage but my setup does not alow more HPS but I think ill try to add 4-6x 80-150w LED full spectrum light bulbs.

Im not sure I understand the other post up there, a target yeld?

- TT

Its a question of how much cannabis do you need for your year's supply, since you plan only 1 grow. That target allows you to calculate how many plants you need.

My goal is to yeild maximum because the last weeks I have to use alot less to make it last and somtimes I give away smlll abounts to friends so Its hard to set an goal like that but maybe 0,8-1,0g pr 1w vould be nice. Im running with canna, coco, co2, 4x600w + 4x 150w LED in scrog

For most autos, you’re looking at 10-12 weeks seed to harvest. What you’re looking at is 6 weeks of flower after an indeterminate amount of veg, typically 3-4 weeks.
That makes a lot more sense with what I have been hearing. I thought 6 weeks would be a really short grow.

You’ve got to read the fine print on the descriptions for autos. Lol

I also think they list the minimum time to harvest, not the optimal time for peak trichomes development. Plus a lot of that is personal preference.

I could have harvested my Amnesia Auto at ten weeks and it would have gotten me high just fine. But if I wait and harvest at 11 weeks, I’ll be at 100% cloudy and have a better quality product.

Back
Top Bottom