Light cycle

MrGru

Hi guys I'm new to this forum and apologise if I have missed something on newbie postings but just need a little info.

I have heard of people in veg stage tricking the light cycle to keep electricity down by doing

12 hours on 5 off 2 on 5 off.

Does anybody know if this is a good idea ?

Many thanks.

Ye it has been done by members of these very forums some are still active to this day or shared past experience over the matter off DLR & yes it works.

At the end of day it is popularity over method used which gains most recognition, in less you are open minded and prefer to experiment in the various regions of growing weed & at this point i shall shrug my shoulders..... saying :thedoubletake::smokin:

It is a weed just look around the forums and see what it grows in, rofl...

Hi guys I’m new to this forum and apologise if I have missed something on newbie postings but just need a little info.

I have heard of people in veg stage tricking the light cycle to keep electricity down by doing

12 hours on 5 off 2 on 5 off.

Does anybody know if this is a good idea ?

Many thanks.

Light is the energy that makes plants grow. If you reduce the hours of light, you don't just reduce your electric bill, you reduce growth. It's that simple.

You might "trick" the plant into thinking it's still in its veg cycle, but 22% less illumination time basically means 22% less growth.

Just FYI as a data point at the other extreme, I leave my lights on for 24 hours a day during veg, and time lapse photos show the plants grow non-stop.

Back
Top Bottom