CO2 Enrichment & Mars II 1600

WTFwasthat

420 Member
So, Before I begin. Please forgive the fact that I only have only basic experience with certain things. My questions may sound dumb at times, but I come for knowledge and to share what knowledge I can. So, here goes: I have an almost perfectly Dialed in environment thanks in part to its in the basement and I use a 4-Channel Greenhouse Controller for heat, A/C, Humidity, and think I am ready to Introduce CO². my area is Sealed and 6 X 6 reverse flow RDWC with water wind rings, and Intake and Exhaust ventilation. I was running 4 400w HPS, But I want to also go LED. with this change. I bought the mars II 1600 and I know that it's footprint is only 4.5 x 4.5 But I want to build a 360° Light Mover that Moves the Core penetration to the outside perimeters of the room on a 12" offset. That makes a full rotation once every two minutes. The light tested at 1200 umol/s at the edges of the 4.5 area @ 18". My questions are as follows. (1) Is this a good speed to move my light to achieve maximum par coverage (too Fast too Slow(I'm using 120v DC motor and gear reduction so I can change the Speed fairly easily)) (2) from what I understand, plants only use 600 -700 umol/s, am I really going to be getting enough par output to warrant CO² usage? (3) Is this light mover a good Idea or a waste of my efforts(and about 200 bucks)? I know there are benefits of moving HPS when I used them with massive environmental control (avg 350/400 gr/plant). Basically, I'm ready to step up my quality and try new things. other things for your consideration, I run twin 48" T8 Fixtures horizontal 4" Under my screen height on each wall that are also going LED converted and am Introducing some UVB as
well. Any comments would be appreciated. but once again, I am new to LED and CO², so try to go easy on my. lol

Back
Top Bottom