On first grow - In flowering & top leaves light green - Some yellowing spots

Aiko1232

ok really enjoying my first grow - cleared out my small bedroom closet, got one seed, northern lights auto from royal grow, planted 11/28, out of grown 12/1, moved to a 4 gal smart pot, in fox farm ocean organic, following fox farm trio, started off light per all you growers, under VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 300W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower, ph w to about 6, light water to start, but been feeding every other day for last month or so, phw to 6 with nutes, and than ph w to about 6 with molasses .... plant seems healthy, i think a month to go, BUT some light green spots on main cola.... I see budding, which is nice, but don't want to f$%$%$% it up so late in the game - photos attached - peace

IMG_20180217_210149874.jpg
IMG_20180217_210044225.jpg
IMG_20180217_205757318.jpg

re: On first grow - In flowering & top leaves light green - Some yellowing spots

The yellowing spots and burnt tips look like nutrient burn and lockout. I've never used Fox Farms Ocean Organic but my understand it is considered a soil grow. Correct me if I'm wrong.

To prevent lockout you should be ph'ing at 6.2 - 6.8. At 6.0 you are locking out Calcium, Magnesium and Phosphorus. Ideally you should shoot for 6.5. You should also add some Cal-Mag and it should clear up. Plants are more susceptible to Cal-Mag lockout during the flowering stage.

Also during flowering you should reduce your Nitrogen.

This chart will show you the PH lockout

E3DD4EE8-84E8-409F-AE81-158663AB7A38.png

re: On first grow - In flowering & top leaves light green - Some yellowing spots

thanks so much will immediate adjust ph up for feeding tomorrow, this is a molasses feeding - so i only see this discoloring at the top of the plant. thanks
IMG_20180217_210044225.jpg

IMG_0915_1_1.JPG

thanks so much will immediate adjust ph up for feeding tomorrow, this is a molasses feeding - so i only see this discoloring at the top of the plant. thanks

The plant is really looking fine. Molasses is good for adding sulfur and other trace elements. I would definitely toss in some Cal Mag. The deficiency usually starts at the top and progressively works it's way down. The plants tend to show this deficiency more during the bloom cycle. It's cheap and a good insurance. I always recommend you start at 1/2 the label recommendation.

thanks guys, jut ordered some cal mag, so next nute feeding will add to my fox farm trio, right? its so hard to tell where "I am" in the growth cycle, i think i am in week ten after a two week germination period, so dropping grow big from the fox farm trio, so from this point , will go with big bloom, tiger boom plus add cal mag when i do nutes (ph to about 6.3 - 4), off days, same ph and molasses... thanks...

thanks guys, jut ordered some cal mag, so next nute feeding will add to my fox farm trio, right? its so hard to tell where "I am" in the growth cycle, i think i am in week ten after a two week germination period, so dropping grow big from the fox farm trio, so from this point , will go with big bloom, tiger boom plus add cal mag when i do nutes (ph to about 6.3 - 4), off days, same ph and molasses... thanks...

Yes - I would mix up your Fox Far Trio First then add the Cal-Mag. I would shoot for at least 6.5 so you are in the Calcium Magnesium range in the chart below.

ok, update on my condition, not sure if plant in recovery or slow death - hope for the former - since all the great feedback - on 2/20 i flushed my plant with 7 gallons of water ph to 6.7 (in a 4 gallon smart pot), 2/24 feed plants with nutes, full strength with ff and small amount of cal mag - 2/28, ph w to 6.8 and molassas - this is how it looks right now - not sure how well it comes out in ic, but a lot of brown tips - some yellowing leaves -

thanks

Overall your plants look good. You're certainly going to finish. Brown tips are nute burn. A little bit is ok, but those are a bit concerning. After flushing I would have started off at half strength with nutes. Don't be afraid of calmag. It's like Robitusen for weed.

Ok , I guess someone in another thread said to go with full strength, what do you thing my next feeding should be, full strength with cal mag? Thanks much

I would definitely stick with 1/2 strength. I understand the concept of growing at full strength if your plant can take it but many strains are more sensitive to nutrient intake. The strain you have will tell you when you are over doing the nutrients by burning the tips. This is your first warning sign that you are over feeding the.

I have been growing my complete grow at 1/2 strength and the plants are doing great.

Cal Mag nutrients really depend on your grow median (Soil vs Hydro) and your source of water. If you have hard water you are probably giving them plenty of calcium.

Also my plant is very green and alive when you look at the steams and "underbrush". Is the buds just eating up the N from the leaves? Should I give it a boost of N.... Also this is one plant in a 2 by 3 closet with a 300w led full spectrum grow light , about 20 in from plant , is this burning the plant...

I would go 3/4 strength on your base nutes as that plant needs a big N fix, the plant looks like it needs another good 4-5 weeks yet.

Iv ran a few plants at 1/2 strength and half way through flowering they yellow of like this and many people think there yellowing off to finish but there not, start 1/2 strength for 3-4 days and then start 3/4 strength, within a week the leaves will either recover or die of, but the remaining leaves will get what they need.

Hope this helps you buddy and good luck!

Thanks for advice, will move on that for next feeding tomorrow, so I use the fox farm trio, so at this stage of flowering using tiger bloom 2-8-4, I hear this runs hot, so I been stingy with it but will go 3/4 strength and big bloom, all organic... Some have suggested adding some of veg nute ,grow big to help with leaves and added N, 6-4-4 on grow big.... Any comments on this thanks much,

Somewhere up this thread the advice was to add the cal-mag last. Everything I've read is to add it first. Give it a thorough mix and then add your other nutes.

I'd also defoliate the worst of your yellowed leaves. They aren't doing much of anything other than blocking light.

Wow this looks just like my plant and I am only 2nd week in to flower , don't know what to do next as this is my 1st grow of this type plant white widow a.f. , gonna try drying soil out and giving cal mag only to next watering , see if that changes anything , if not gonna add some nitrogen , plus cal mag to the following watering , I have 3 of the same plants and 2 are doing great but the 1 plant is worrying me, don't understand as all 3 plants given the same nutrients and watering and soil .keep us up to date if you find something that works .

See what happens in a few days, so feed today at 3/4 strength with big bloom, tiger bloom and add some grow big for extra N

You should really start of with 1/2 strength if you already havent and slowly introduce the N base nutrient, as it may give it N toxicity and that is a nightmare to recover from.

So 3-4 days 1/2 strength then 3/4 after.

Have to see what happens, did do 3/4 based on comments received, added N nuti, at 1/2 , so fingers crossed. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom