leaves curving

Ceelo

Hi, the leaves on my plant are curling outward and the leaves are tunring a light green color on the edges. One of the plant is 2 weeks old and the other is 1 1/2 weeks old. They are in regular potting soil with no nutes at all. I let the water that I water them with sit for 2 days. They are under 4 CFL's that are 100w each and throw off 1600 lumens each. they are in a 6,6,6 inch pots. the temps and humidity are good. I still havent read the PH I am still waiting for the reader that I ordered. I still havent feed them yet. I will try to get pics if I can.

that's a toughy.

Hey Cleeo, I would love to help you out here but im not to sure of the problem.
Is ther any chance of pictures or maybe a update on how they are looking now?

Heres the pic. The leaves are like this in several other leaves and I dont understand why. Nothing else is wrong with the plant except for the leaves curling. Sorry for the quality of the picture it was taken with my camara phone.

well the leaves are green, its not nitrogen, i think whats happening is your going to long in between watering, get a water meter and test it yourself.

Thanks for the reply. Would the leaves go back to normal once I get a fan blowing on them everyday?

I doubt its the heat. I had a heat problem during the 2 say heat wave over heat and the leaves turned brown around the edges. The temp in the room is good and I took the temp of the top leaves with my infra red thermomter it read 76.2 which is good. I also have a fan always blowing on it which will prevent it from getting to hot. It happens when I water it. I dont overwater because I only water when the soil is dry. Maybe it has something to do with the PH I am still waiting for the PH package that ordered to be delivered.

hmm...maybe not enough light. how far away is your light? I couldnt tell from your pic but it looks similar to what happened to me. When I first started using cfls for more veg room I had them vertically instead of horizontally. Then I made a shoe box reflector with some foil too. Works great now.

Theres enough light. I think if there wasnt enough light they would have been stretching. They are growing very fast with new sets of leaves everyday. I am using 27w CFL which is actually they throw of 1600 lumens each. Each plant has it's own light. I just dont know whats the problem this is so fustrating. I am hoping it is the PH so I can fix the problem once the order I sent for gets shipped in.

i would say its overwater but you said you only water when dry. is it happening to all the leaves on the plant or just that one? if only one its a small defect and wont hurt anything.

Its happening to 35% of the leaves. Maybe it is overwatering because when I observed it these past few days it starts to happen every time I water it thats why I thought it was the PH but I only water when the soil is dry. I take my finger and put it 2 inches deep and make sure the soil is dry.

That's a classic sign of MG deficiency. Are you using tap water? If so, it could be lockout due to high mineral content. Try feeding them with 1 tablespoon of molasses per gallon water. Or 1/2 teaspoon of molasses in a 1 liter bottle of Aquafina.....

Hope this helps
MC

I have read about this and I read that it can also be treated with epsom salt which I have in my house is this true?

Thanks for all you replays guys. Do you think that the leaves would go back to normal after the deficiency is taken care of?

Back
Top Bottom