Too much for the pots and we are in flower

HandyMF4u

Keep up the good work y'all, I got one for ya that I haven't ran across yet.
I let my girls get too big before I went to flower,(soil indoors) and now I'm bound up with the roots. I'm only half way into flowering and I'm already getting yellow fan leaves that come off easily. I'm having a hard time figuring out if the prob is being bound up, or am I missing something else. The plants are budding very nicely, and I'm hoping they will be OK in pots there in for 4 more weeks, but the early yellow leaves makes me worry a bit.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Handymf4u

How large are the pots they are in now?

There in 3 gal pots and are over 3 feet tall.
I know.... too small, but I'm afraid to repot now, I only have about 3 weeks to go.
Is this why the fan leaves are yellowing early?
Thanks.
HandyMF4u

There in 3 gal pots and are over 3 feet tall.
I know.... too small, but I'm afraid to repot now, I only have about 3 weeks to go.
Is this why the fan leaves are yellowing early?
Thanks.
HandyMF4u

How many plants per pot? I've grown 8 foot tall plants, 3 per three gallon container, not a problem. I don't beleive in the "root bound" bullshit. I have never had a problem. The 8 footers were a mistake, I let them just keep going. Normally, mine would be 3-4 feet when done.

Yellow leaves mean nothing. Take them off, they have no further use. Leave good green leaves. If you are crowded, used string, popsickle sticks, whatever to open the canopy up a little.

I'm not saying not to transplant, just my opinion, your taking one hell of risk at this point.

Thanks for the advice.
I have one in each pot and they are about 3 1/2 feet lall or so. I looking at about a pound between the two.
This is my first real indoor grow and its going great, this just may be better that the other guys. I cant see thru them again so I do need to do some spreding again.
I tryed to post a pic, but cant seen to get it right.
I was forced to reclone the other day from them, but I think I'm good now.
Lost All my babies to the "M" word.
See ya around, Thanks again.

You should be just fine. sounds like your to the point where verticle growth with slow to a crawl, while the buds fill in.

As I said, I personally have never had a problem. I have 2 five and a half feet tall in two 3 gall.(two plants per bucket, I normally do three) buckets now. Way taller than I want. Those Fucking canadian genetics. Never Again! But, nevertheless, mine are doing great, for shit genetics. The roots have come to the surface, but this is the case each time I grow. As long as the roots are getting o2, water/nutients, you should be fine and have no problem finishing. (Famouse last words)

What do you think of the color of these leaves?

What do you think of the color of these leaves? I over feed for a little while and I think I'm good now.
Just wandering.

plants_006.jpg

I can't see the picture. But, Yellowing of fan leaves is normal while you bud. Fan leaves, usually lower, will yellow first. Depends on how you have the lights. Any yellow leaf should be taken off. Don't cut it right off the main branch, cut about 1/4 away from the stem to the leaf.

Yellow leaves can actually harm your plant. The plant has used what it can from it. Sometimes the leaves will stay green right up to the end, I've seen them turn yellow at the early stages of flowering.

I would personally remove them, let the plant use it's energy elsewhere. It this point, the fan leaf has done what it can do.

Cut back on the fertilizer. With the potting soil, you probably could use staight water till the end. Be careful feeding them after this transplant, it would be a pisser to burn those roots now.

I wouldn't cut off anything that isn't dead. The plant will lose more time with trimming then by just pulling them off when they are dead. Anywhere you trim that is alive must be repaired.

Unless they are getting in the way of budsites and there are just too many fans, otherwise tie them out of the way rather then cut them off.

Thanks Boss, did you fix that pic for me?
I just couldn't get it last night.
I am excited about all the help one can receive here.
Between all of you guys and my guys at the Dro store, I'll be just fine.
Like I said, this is mt first real indoor grow, and I just want it to go off with out any major hitches.
I would love to get up with you guys sometime somewhere so we can burn a fatty.
Ever try any Bubble Gum?

Those look pretty damn sweet! It does look like you have a little fert. burn on the ends. But, the leaves themselves are point upward, and that's a good sign.

Let it ride, you'll be pretty damn happy in June, July, August lol. Pretty impressive for first time indoor.

Thanks Boss.
I haven't been around here long at all, but I already know that any advice you give is golden. I appreciate you taking the time to even look at this newbies post.
As for the plants, I totally had the Ph all wrong at the beginning (clones) and then I over feed them once I got the Ph under control. So I think I lost about 4 weeks there in Veg.
These freaking things have been growing for almost 5 months. I added a second 400 watter so they each have one now and MAN did they take off.
Hence the roots getting bound up. The roots are coming to the surface in multitudes.
At this time, as nice as they are, I sure as Hell don't want to loose them. So if I don't transplant, how can I insure no root rot? Should I let them dry out a little before I water?
Keep in mind... I HAVE to leave town June 7th and that's at like the last day.
I'm on day 34 at 12/12 now. I'm pushing having to harvest early. Any suggestions there would be GREAT about now.
Thanks Boss.... your the man!
You too Theincubus, much appreciated my Man.
See you around!

Oh yea.... here's a better pic of the over all situation at hand.

plants_0022.jpg

Ok I changed my mind, Re-pot. Get some 7.5 gallons, or some 5's. They have about 5 weeks to go, and those main stems are massive. You are definately root bound, but the effects are minimal right now. You have a lot of salt buildup in the soil, and it's stopping potassium uptake. Potassium is not somthing you want locked out at this stage.

Check this thread here-https://www.420magazine.com/communi...is-plant-pest-problem-solver-pictorial.72819/

Being the plants are so large, care must be taken when re-potting. If anyone has a good easy way to explain transplanting, nows the time.

If you want to be sure that you must transplant, cut out the edge of one of those pots at the bottom. If you see tons of roots on the outside and they are browning, you will have to take the plunge.

I read that thread, (totally helpfull).
As for repotting...... are you shittin me?
Damn it.
How long will that set me back?
You think it will be a disaster if I say in the pots I'm in hu?
Dman, damn, damn.
I'm on it.
What kind of efect will this have with potancy and yeald?
I know you said I could get maybe 30%, but what about recovery time and all?
Thanks again!

Sweet, I'm on my way to get what I need now.

Back
Top Bottom