Pruning for SCROG help

budculture

Hey all, Just put my screen in my mini cab grow. It should've been in a couple of weeks ago, but I needed to sex first, and goody goody, the biggest two are girls! Only had to pull one guy and there's one runt plant of a different variety that hasn't sexed yet, but I couldn't wait any longer to get the screen in.
I've been looking around on the site for a guide to pruning, trimming, etc. for my SCROG. I've seen a couple of things, but since I had to wait for sex to show, most of the guides are about plants still in veg. Is there any difference? I guess I'd like to keep as many bud sites as possible and leaves to power the plants, but there's not going to be much light under the SCROG, so....
Can someone direct me to a pictoral guide, or step by step to pruning for SCROG? I mean I have an idea of what to do, just looking for a step-by-step since I've never done this before and a visual guide would be very helpful.
Thanks.
Peace:ganjamon:

"Peace is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."

The way it looks now, I think the screen is too high, but that's just an opinion. I would go 6" from the bottom and cut off everthing from there down. Lemme find a pic.

Nov09004.JPG

This one in my opinion is cut too high. I see a big loss of yield here.
Apr25003a.JPG

Hey Boss, Yeah the big one was about 24" before I bent her over. The other one is about 18" without being bent and the runt is about 14" or so. I see what you mean about yield since a lot of the good shoots are in the dark a bit now and moving the screen down would let the shorter shoots underneath find a place in the screen. So should I just keep bending everything over to fit under a lowered screen? Right now the screen is 20" above simply because I had let the plants get too tall since I waited too long to sex them...unavoidable inlaw visit....:-( , and didn't want to damage the plants trying to set it lower. Can I do this without harming the plants too much? As I lower the screen, should I let the taller shoots and main stem push through and then bend them over and tie them? I've got the main stem bent gently over now and I know about the crimping technique, should I be crimping the main stem or just the side shoots, or not at all? It seems if I set it lower I will have to do some radical bending to get all the good stuff underneath. I'm cool with that if know what I should and should not do.
I'm in the 5th day of flowering, is it too soon to get rid of the leaves and shoots that aren't getting light under the screen? Should I cut off any leaves that grow above the screen?

Thanks for all the help bro. I still may move to a HPS since I found a nice one that would fit my space and vents nicely. It's a little pricey, but it may be worth it in the long run. So far though, love the cfl stuff and will still be using it for veg and mothers for sure and I'll finish this grow with them most likely. Not to mention it's fun to build your own shit!

Yeah DamagoMan, was wondering the same...I know he had a good bit on scrog and kind of expected him to chime in. Hope all's OK...

Peace:ganjamon:

" The purpose of government , is to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority."
James Madison

Back
Top Bottom