Question for Boss, others about LST

old_skool

Boss in the <a href="Force flower whenever i want?">force flower whenever i want?</a> thread you talked about LST training a plant in a big circle, an acquaintance of mine said this is the procedure he uses and he described it the same way you did:

If you want small, you can try 12/12 from seed, then LST (bend it over and tie it down) into a big circle. in 75 days you will have great buds :)

Can you and others provide more insight on this type of grow? I have been looking into this and only found a couple references to it and it wasn't on this forum except the above quote.

One question I do have to start out is they talk about topping the plant to stop the top of the plant from growing. What is your option about this? Also what is your recommendation?

try the search bar on the home page, "LST"

Topping doesn't keep the plant from growing, it's splits the main stem into 2, 3 or even 4 stems, causing the plant to develop multiple main colas. It temporarily slows growth and I used it once control height but only in the vegetative cycle. After the plant recovers from the topping it will begin to grow again.

There is a method of LST that trains the plant in a spiral around the pot. You train the plant to the edge of the pot, then follow the outside edge around the pot until you get a spiral up to the top back at the center. It's really just turning the straight plant into a plant that spirals like a spring to the top. A 4 foot plant in 1.5 feet.

The training must be done slowly and carefully, as too much stress can cause unwanted gender traits. During flowering, buds may need to be supported, as the plants natural balance and support is gone.

Most people "FIM" or "TOP" to get a higher yield in a short space. Multiple main stalks come from a topped plant, and they won't grow as tall as a single cola. Some say this method reduces potency of the plant and stresses it unnecessarily, so many prefer to bend the plant rather than cutting anything off.

Back
Top Bottom