Small Grow question

helloiggy

:bong::adore::cool:Hi Everyone. First off I'd like to say THANK YOU to everyone on the site who helps noobs like me out. Your feedback is so informative its actually quite motivating. Badly I want to finish my first "real" grow, with it being kick ass bud and take some pics for you all as a sign of Thanks. LOL Granted they are only about 3 inches rite now LOL still I cant wait to go through the process.

Okay so one thing Im pretty excited about is finding out about CFL lights. I had no idea those wierd looking bulbs could be such an asset. My question is and Dont laugh pls...I have rite now (4) yes only 4 little girls growing at about 3 inches. I only have 20w cfl's so how many of those should I put in with them being as I only have four and they are so small??? Another thing, I'm so noob that I'm pretty much experimenting rite now but also hoping for great results--Thats the goal anyway! I'm I right by saying CFL's during veg stage and then switch to hps at flowring? Or can I use CFL throughout whole process??? Sorry for all these questions. I'm gonna start running it 24/7 for now with my CFL Once flowering stage ihas begun do I put it to 12/12? Does that sound okay?? LOL alright now you can laugh!!!!

lol also I dont have 4 lil girls I have 4 little whatever Hope they will be girls LOL just wanted to clear that up. Thanks

Welcome!

The light cycles 24/0 and 18/6 will keep your plant in veg. Switching to 12/12 will cause flowering. CFL's would work throughout the entire grow and are available in different spectrum's for vegging (5000K) and flowering (3000K and below). I would use all four of the CFL's you have right now but you will want to get more light if you get more than one female.

Switching to a HPS for flowering will greatly increase your yield.

You can check my sig for links with some CFL's.

I say put as many lights over them as you can, about 2 1/2" away at all times.

For schedule, I recommend 20 on 4 off. Your grow room dimensions have a lot to do with when I would flower. If you can get an HPS for flowering, do it. If not, lots of CFLS will work.

You should make sure you have some daylight (6500k) CFL's if you are going to veg for any period of time.

Thanks alot guys. Great Info. Ive added to both your reps. After investigating Im wondering if the cfl's I have now are the right kind.

Helical 20w 120vac 60hz 300mA

I dont expect anyone to know what that mumbo jumbo means but that what it says. I think I need diff bulbs. Unfortunately I dont have the boxes to the ones I currently have. But we'll see. Thanks for answers tho. I was wondering what happens if you were to always do 12/12 cycle? Alot of friends I have usually do that but it never went to far. Apts etc. y'no
Rite on later:peace:

The color temp of the bulbs or Kelvins is the most important but without the packaging u might not be able to find it. 12/12 can be done throughout the whole grow and is beneficial for quicker yields and smaller plants when your setup requires stealth. Be careful to click "I approve" when repping cause u accidentally hit me with a negative one.

NO WAY DUDE-I'm sorry. That sucked man. I'll rep you again when it lets me. Hope I didnt do that to Boss too. Sry, thanks for info though.

NO WAY DUDE-I'm sorry. That sucked man. I'll rep you again when it lets me. Hope I didnt do that to Boss too. Sry, thanks for info though.

Its all good, I actually just got the thing figured out myself :cool:

^ check that out, I had no idea. No offense whatsoever but I think a sticky explaining the Rep system would be extremely useful for newcomers. I thought I had it figured out with your one thread Moose, but didn't know the above.

Back
Top Bottom