Worried about causing an indoor fire!

shaqfu

Hello,
Bit of a noob question here, but im just a bit a worried about having
lights/fan etc on when im not home!

What safeguards are advisable in this situation, it will be a small closet grow to begin with, with 1CFL and two fans(intake and exhaust) exhaust will be a bathroom extractor and intake a 220v small sunron fan.

Cheers,
Shaq.

geez Im no expert thats for sure I had a space heater last winter and it got so hot (the plug melted in the socket) it nearly started a fire. But thats extremely hot. For sure if your worried put everything on a power strip. I live in a mobile home with old electricty wiring so I understand your worry. Make sure your qwiring in your house/apt is up to par to ease some worries. :rollit: but that doesnt seem like it be too bad, alot of things in the house prolly take way more to run than that set up. I dunno just guessing lol

Mine are at 3.5 inches now lol good times:rollit:

You can get a safety extension at Wallyworld that you plug power strips into. They kill the power from heat, water and amperage.

Thanks, That sounds ideal, if only we had Wallyworld in the UK hehehe,
Im sure I can find something suitable from a hardware store?
Must be like a RCD circuit breaker I guess..

I love the emoticons you have btw :adore:

I calculate my wattage beign used, and i try to stay a good distance away from my maximum capacity so that nothing gets blown or the fire danger is down, make sure anything eletrical is kept away from any moist things!!!! And i personally love power strips very conviniet and safe!! An fans also hel to keep the danger lower. Just don't plug to many things in in a small vecinity:peace:

Have your light schedule during night time hours. Your usually home between 6pm to 6am. That would atleast lessen the worry about your lights starting a fire while you weren't home. It's a good idea to have a smoke detector in your growroom as well. Be sure and turn it off when your not at the house. You wouldn't want the neighbor calling the fire department because they heard a faulty smoke detector going off in your house.

Back
Top Bottom