First Grower's Anxiety

bill704

For quite a while now I've had the urge to grow a plant or two for myself. Something keeps stopping me from getting past the "thinking about it" stage, and I'd like to know how one decides to invest in such a venture not knowing what the outcome will be.

I'm seriously considering it. Money's a bit tight right now, so I'd like to stick with the basics. I figure once I save about $500 I'll rig up a closet grow, but only God knows when that'll be.

Buy a pack of 26w (100w) soft white CFL's from wallyworld 4 for 9 dollars. Get 4 splitters "Y's" and take a few lamps apart. Select a good 2x2 area, a small fan for circulation and some computer fans for exhaust, then you just have to tackle the odor during flowering. That's when you need to spend the 50 bucks on a carbon filter and another 40 or so on a good 4" 125cfm (Or more) exhaust fan.

That really simplifies things!

Something I forgot to mention is this must be very well deodorized, because on the other side of my house lives a cop. So far I've had no problems concerning the smell of merely smoking the herb, although the smell of a plant causes a little uneasiness.

I own an Aroma-Globe which can spew essential oils throughout the house, but I worry about running that all day long and blowing the motor.

I've been thinking of constructing a well insulated cabinet, but of course that jacks the price up.

Back
Top Bottom