Lighting

gtinsal

Will it hurt my plants that are about 7 to 14 days away from harveting. if i increase the lighting from 12 hours to 16. I am doing it because I have younger plants that I need put in the same closet

these plant are almost reday the hair on rhe buds are 30 percent brown. I harvesting them in a week or so. What will happen to my clone that have been on a 24 hour light for a couple weeks if they get 12 hrs of light for a week. thank for the responce

You want 100% of the hairs to turn brown, and more than 30% of your trichomes turning amber, or you are picking an unripe plant and will have a diminished yield and potency. Up to you mate. I would suspect you have been flowering for 40 -50 days. Am I right. Most plants finish out 60 or more days, so you are selling yourself short.
Why don't you supplement the clones by bringing them out into the light during the dark cycle in your grow room.

I will take your advice I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. I have only been doing this for 6 months. I found my 17yo son trying to grow a plant in his closet with a reading lamp 6 months ago. I told him lets do this the right way. I work in the electrical supply business so i got 3 of the new t5 ho 4ft 4 bulb fixtures and turned my walkin closet it a grow room. these fistures are great they do not put of any heat but they put out major lumes and energy effecent . I tried a 400 wat hid fixtures but they put out so much heat with the t5 type no worries of humidity /heat .

thanks again

I will take your advice I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP. I have only been doing this for 6 months. I found my 17yo son trying to grow a plant in his closet with a reading lamp 6 months ago. I told him lets do this the right way. I work in the electrical supply business so i got 3 of the new t5 ho 4ft 4 bulb fixtures and turned my walkin closet it a grow room. these fistures are great they do not put of any heat but they put out major lumes and energy effecent . I tried a 400 wat hid fixtures but they put out so much heat with the t5 type no worries of humidity /heat .

thanks again

Your like every little kids dream come true :partyboy:. Make sure you guys stay discrete in order to ensure your safety and your sons future. Don't be using thousands of watts and as you've already covered, keep the heat low. Using three t5's means you may have to watch a stank exhaust.

we only have 6 plants budding at a time i have told that lose lips get u busted. what is watch a stank exhaust.

i would rather he smoke weed than drink booze or beer. pot does not make you and asshole that does stupid shit. in the 1920's the head of drug enforsement dept need to make himself look good and create a job for himself so he put out tons of propaganda about weed stupid shit like if u smoked weed you would do crazy shit like kill yourself or use other drugs or go nuts until then it was legal in 90 percent of the states. REFFER MADNESS

Having nothing to say about the actual subject of the thread I will say that I love smoking with the old man. He's one of my 2 co-conspirators on my own grow project.

I wish I could say that I grew up smokin with the old man, but the truth is I was pretty much a clone of the establishment drones. Ganja=crack. It finally took a red head with the largest set of.. uhh.. well.. Anyway, I started smoking later in life.

If I had kids I'd prefer they experimented with dope over drugs and booze any day. Even if the BS was true and it made him/her some kind of lifeless stoner loser. There are worse things to be. I know plenty of people who don't earn 6 figures, drive older cars, live in smaller places and yes smoke weed. I also know they're usually pretty happy people. I don't know a single person who deals with lifes frustrations by going home, getting high and then beating his wife, kids, pets, ect.. I know plenty of seeming normal people who become totally different people with a few drinks in them.

Anyway, this isn't the time or place.

One thing that is actually ON topic though is that I was told that with Floro's you didn't get good light penetration and also they tended to produce lighter buds. Now I'm better informed about lights thanks to the reading I've done here, but I was still biased into believing that if you can cool a HID light it's the best way to go still. If you were willing to spend the money on CF's and regular floro's could you get HID results? I like my buds dense!
:bongrip:

Buds on the only plant I let grow up and out were very fluffy. The 12/12 from seed done under mixed spectrum cfls (430 watts worth) were as tight as they get. Granted the tall girl had a lot more sativa in her as well. I think if the lights are placed correctly and you mix the red and blues with enough bulbs, it can be done.

he is going to smoke it i rather it be at home . plus the growing is father son bondinng at its best LOL

and one asshole cop with something to prove could screw up his life for a long time. What I meant by a stank exhaust is the exhaust ventilation for your girls in flower. It will be very pungent without a filter.

What I meant by a stank exhaust is the exhaust ventilation for your girls in flower. It will be very pungent without a filter.
Since he owns the house and doesnt need to hide it from his son is tere really a need for a ventilation system? like i mean unless you live in apartment-style husing or really close to neighbors. just seems kinda like needless effort unless the room gets super hot

^ unless your living in the country your neighbors are going be close enough to your house at one point or the other; whether its for a lost baseball or walking the dog on the sidewalk ouside. What about people selling magazines or going door to door for charity?

Its only a concern if your already venting outside anyway. If gtinsal has a setup that doesn't require an outside exhaust then he wouldn't have to worry like you said. Do t5's run cool enough that you wouldn't need to vent 3 of them?

I work in the electrical supply business so i got 3 of the new t5 ho 4ft 4 bulb fixtures and turned my walkin closet it a grow room. these fistures are great they do not put of any heat but they put out major lumes and energy effecent . I tried a 400 wat hid fixtures but they put out so much heat with the t5 type no worries of humidity /heat .

thanks again

How expensive are 4 lamp t-5 ballasts? Home depot dosent; stock them, and I haven;t had time to stop buy a wholsale yet. I'm putting together a quote on a small flower chamber.

Back
Top Bottom