Thread: Light schedule to cool temps

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Light schedule to cool temps

hey everyone I have a quick question, what is the best cycle to alter 2 600's on and off in a 12/12 schedule. The reason for this is to help with temps and save a little on power, I was thinking 1 600 off every other hour or so? any ideas? Ive heard of this method before since it simulates outdoor climates (cloudy days)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: light schedule to cool temps

If I am running a lot of heat, daylight hours should be at night, so you can draw in cool air from outside if you can. Cycling the lights will work, but it's hell on the bulb and the ballast to turn on and off 6 times a day.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it would work question is whats the best schedule for it? I already to run at night only thing is that with all equipment running it gets to 81F I just wanna bring temps down a bit so I dont have to run everything all at once, as well I have a intake/exhaust fan so im just trying to play with it and trying to see whats the best way to go about it...hmmm should I put my co2 tank inside the room too since it gets really cold when im running it?lol

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post
    Cycling the lights will work, but it's hell on the bulb and the ballast to turn on and off 6 times a day.
    I agree with this. I suggest you perhaps raise the lights a little, run lights at night, and tweak your ventilation to improve cool air flow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Co2 is a good option if you have it already, why not :-)