Thread: HELP. getting to big!

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation HELP. getting to big!

hi i only have about 2foot to play with and i just started to flower my plant about a week ago, it just over a foot tall at the moment and i don't think that 2foot will be enough room. what can i do? can i try and bend the plant and grow it sideways, will this effect the plant? please help this is my first grow and i don't want to mess it up.
    thanx for any help.

Deep in the Cannabis, relaxed and pain free
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HELP. getting to big!

Quote Originally Posted by spannermonkey View Post
    hi i only have about 2foot to play with and i just started to flower my plant about a week ago, it just over a foot tall at the moment and i don't think that 2foot will be enough room. what can i do? can i try and bend the plant and grow it sideways, will this effect the plant? please help this is my first grow and i don't want to mess it up.
    thanx for any help.
    LST baby! Tie those girls over but be careful not to do too much at once because you don't want to hear snap! I can tell you tho those plants will definately double if not triple in size during flower so you might want to start thinking about that right now!

Post Thanks / Like

hi thanx for the advice, does it matter if the light is not dirctly above the plant?

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie grower here as well. I am having the same problem here, all of sudden a crazy idea came into my mind. My plant is about 3 feet tall, can I just cut the plant into half and reroot the upper half with 12/12??? so that I could have two 1.5 feet tall plant??? Does it work that way??? Would it shock the plant?

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

LOL. No matey, the top half will die for sure, and the bottom half will suffer, and you will get a greatly diminished yield. Tie your plant down rather than butcher it.

Post Thanks / Like

hahaha, its just an idea from cloning or cuttings. It does work with clones, isn't it? just tat it's in a bigger scale.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You will be unable to keep a cutting that size hydrated, and it will die.

Post Thanks / Like

alright....bending it seems to be the only solution, I am quite confuse with the word bend anyway. Where do I bend the plant to? Do I make the plant into a "7" shape? Is there any picture so I would have an idea?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Bend it in the shape of an archers bow, keeping the tip of the plant horizontal.

Post Thanks / Like

thank you moose, you've been a great help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No probs mate. We are all about spreading awareness here. I'm glad we could help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Supercrop it.
    I decide where I want the bend to be. I grab that pat of the main stem and roll it between my fingers squeezing with quite a bit of pressure until it crushes. Once the hurd (innards) breaks the stem will become soft and even maybe split length wise a little. I let the plant top droop over to where I want it and walk away. I've never lost a top or plant and any splits will heal themselves and form a knuckle at the bend withing a couple days.
    If you try to just bend it over like a bow and string and go too far you will break the top off and split the main stem straight across which can kill the top.