Are these growing too slow?

hog-dog

This is a great place and I love all the info I have gained, but I need an opinion or two here please. First time growing so I don't know if I'm expecting too much or not, but I have 11 clones that were cuttings taken approx. May 5. (Not my mother plant....I was told Hindu Kush.) One didn't root and died after a week or so which left me 11. I take them outside for the better part of the day in full sunlight and then bring them in at night under flourescent so they have 24 hours of light. I started putting them outside as early as they could take full sun.....'bout 2 weeks ago. They are still easy to move so I thought would benefit from the extra light at night with the floro's. I have been using Fox Farms Grow Big on them and everybody looks healthy. One of them is the same size as when I first got her. Looks fine but no growth. The rest of the ladies have doubled in height, for the most part, and are about 4"-5" tall now. They were started in rockwool cubes and went into Miracle Grow potting soil 60% and Pearlite 40%. Once I could see roots that made it to the ouside of the cube on 1/2 of the plants i have, I put them all in pots. I am planning on putting all of them outside now for 6 weeks and then bringing 6 of them inside to flower and let the others flower naturally outside. I think that about covers it so my first question is....Are these growing fast enough or are they stunted? I thought they would grow faster. And second, I would be flowering 6 plants inside a room that is 10'x10' with a 9' ceiling. I was planning on using 2-600w HPS lights. Is that going to be enough light for 6 plants? I've read the grow faq's about lighting and it says I would need more for my sq. footage but it sure seems like two 600w lights should do it. I could make the space smaller if it would help concentrate the light. The only thing that is an unknown for me now is the PH. I don't have any way to check that now. I am using water from a reverse osmosis system. I have a lot of regular house plants that just get watered with the house water. I'm in the country and I have a well, and they are all growing very good, and have been for years, so I thought my water is fine but I'm not sure. And finally.....if anybody is still reading my novel here.....would I be better off letting the indoor plants veg till they are a certain height since I do have 9' ceiling or should I just flower them in 6 weeks regarless of how big they are? I sure appreciate the help. :adore:
I don't know why but I'm not able to post pictures. Any idea of why not.

Re: Are these growing too slow??

This is a great place and I love all the info I have gained, but I need an opinion or two here please. First time growing so I don't know if I'm expecting too much or not, but I have 11 clones that were cuttings taken approx. May 5. (Not my mother plant....I was told Hindu Kush.) One didn't root and died after a week or so which left me 11. I take them outside for the better part of the day in full sunlight and then bring them in at night under flourescent so they have 24 hours of light. I started putting them outside as early as they could take full sun.....'bout 2 weeks ago. They are still easy to move so I thought would benefit from the extra light at night with the floro's. I have been using Fox Farms Grow Big on them and everybody looks healthy. One of them is the same size as when I first got her. Looks fine but no growth. The rest of the ladies have doubled in height, for the most part, and are about 4"-5" tall now. They were started in rockwool cubes and went into Miracle Grow potting soil 60% and Pearlite 40%. Once I could see roots that made it to the ouside of the cube on 1/2 of the plants i have, I put them all in pots. I am planning on putting all of them outside now for 6 weeks and then bringing 6 of them inside to flower and let the others flower naturally outside. I think that about covers it so my first question is....Are these growing fast enough or are they stunted? I thought they would grow faster. And second, I would be flowering 6 plants inside a room that is 10'x10' with a 9' ceiling. I was planning on using 2-600w HPS lights. Is that going to be enough light for 6 plants? I've read the grow faq's about lighting and it says I would need more for my sq. footage but it sure seems like two 600w lights should do it. I could make the space smaller if it would help concentrate the light. The only thing that is an unknown for me now is the PH. I don't have any way to check that now. I am using water from a reverse osmosis system. I have a lot of regular house plants that just get watered with the house water. I'm in the country and I have a well, and they are all growing very good, and have been for years, so I thought my water is fine but I'm not sure. And finally.....if anybody is still reading my novel here.....would I be better off letting the indoor plants veg till they are a certain height since I do have 9' ceiling or should I just flower them in 6 weeks regarless of how big they are? I sure appreciate the help. :adore:
I don't know why but I'm not able to post pictures. Any idea of why not.

your pictures might not be posting because they exceed the size limit

as for your 9 foot ceilings the longer you let your plants veg the more buds you will get i believe

its sounds like most of the clones are doing well the ones that are not growing are probly having more trouble rooting ?? not sure
:peace:

Let's see if this works......
ww911.jpg
ww_001.jpg

Most of them look pretty healthy but it's been 22 days since they were first cut. Does the size look normal or should they be bigger?
ww_005.jpg
ww_003.jpg
ww_004.jpg

the height looks goood for 22 days

do you have pictures from when you first received the clones ???

the height looks goood for 22 days

do you have pictures from when you first received the clones ???
No I don't, but if you look at the top picture, the 3rd from the left hasn't really grown at all and is the size they pretty much all were when I got them.

well i think that the one that isnt growing is just gonna be a retard one but all the other ones have rooted and have been starting new growth so they seem healthy doood

and im not sure on this but u said they were being brought in and outside for a while maybe they have been stressed from that ?? not sure ??

Hi hotdog, my plants are probably about to look like that, well actually they have their first set of leaves, when do you pluck them, if you do? Should I have them under a light now or is keeping them on my windowcil ok?
Thanks!

Hi hotdog, my plants are probably about to look like that, well actually they have their first set of leaves, when do you pluck them, if you do? Should I have them under a light now or is keeping them on my windowcil ok?
Thanks!

you do not pluck the leaves the leaves are what makes the plant grow there like the solar panels that catch the light

i think you need to put your babies under some lights even somthing as simple as a cfl will work

Thanks for the replies. I feel better about things now. They look great to me and I am very excited about the next few months and will keep you updated on how things are progressing. I had a guy tell me that by 3 weeks after cutting, clones should be 12" tall and if they're not something is wrong. I think he's maybe a little full of poo. I've always done pretty well with regular house plants and such so I felt pretty confident with this endevor, but I'm having to try real hard not to over think things. I try not to stare at them too much but they really make me smile when I do. I can see some significant growth the last few days so I think their root system has caught up and they should grow pretty fast now anyway. I did think of another question though. If I have them under 24 hours of light now, is it going to shock them in any way or cause them to start to flower if I just left them outside in the natural light cycle and quit bringing them in at night under the fl's? I'm in California.

Back
Top Bottom