Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Are these growing too slow?

  1. #1
    420 Member hog-dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Are these growing too slow?

    This is a great place and I love all the info I have gained, but I need an opinion or two here please. First time growing so I don't know if I'm expecting too much or not, but I have 11 clones that were cuttings taken approx. May 5. (Not my mother plant....I was told Hindu Kush.) One didn't root and died after a week or so which left me 11. I take them outside for the better part of the day in full sunlight and then bring them in at night under flourescent so they have 24 hours of light. I started putting them outside as early as they could take full sun.....'bout 2 weeks ago. They are still easy to move so I thought would benefit from the extra light at night with the floro's. I have been using Fox Farms Grow Big on them and everybody looks healthy. One of them is the same size as when I first got her. Looks fine but no growth. The rest of the ladies have doubled in height, for the most part, and are about 4"-5" tall now. They were started in rockwool cubes and went into Miracle Grow potting soil 60% and Pearlite 40%. Once I could see roots that made it to the ouside of the cube on 1/2 of the plants i have, I put them all in pots. I am planning on putting all of them outside now for 6 weeks and then bringing 6 of them inside to flower and let the others flower naturally outside. I think that about covers it so my first question is....Are these growing fast enough or are they stunted? I thought they would grow faster. And second, I would be flowering 6 plants inside a room that is 10'x10' with a 9' ceiling. I was planning on using 2-600w HPS lights. Is that going to be enough light for 6 plants? I've read the grow faq's about lighting and it says I would need more for my sq. footage but it sure seems like two 600w lights should do it. I could make the space smaller if it would help concentrate the light. The only thing that is an unknown for me now is the PH. I don't have any way to check that now. I am using water from a reverse osmosis system. I have a lot of regular house plants that just get watered with the house water. I'm in the country and I have a well, and they are all growing very good, and have been for years, so I thought my water is fine but I'm not sure. And finally.....if anybody is still reading my novel here.....would I be better off letting the indoor plants veg till they are a certain height since I do have 9' ceiling or should I just flower them in 6 weeks regarless of how big they are? I sure appreciate the help.
    I don't know why but I'm not able to post pictures. Any idea of why not.

  2. #2
    420 Member biggreenbuds4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    Quote Originally Posted by hogdog View Post
    This is a great place and I love all the info I have gained, but I need an opinion or two here please. First time growing so I don't know if I'm expecting too much or not, but I have 11 clones that were cuttings taken approx. May 5. (Not my mother plant....I was told Hindu Kush.) One didn't root and died after a week or so which left me 11. I take them outside for the better part of the day in full sunlight and then bring them in at night under flourescent so they have 24 hours of light. I started putting them outside as early as they could take full sun.....'bout 2 weeks ago. They are still easy to move so I thought would benefit from the extra light at night with the floro's. I have been using Fox Farms Grow Big on them and everybody looks healthy. One of them is the same size as when I first got her. Looks fine but no growth. The rest of the ladies have doubled in height, for the most part, and are about 4"-5" tall now. They were started in rockwool cubes and went into Miracle Grow potting soil 60% and Pearlite 40%. Once I could see roots that made it to the ouside of the cube on 1/2 of the plants i have, I put them all in pots. I am planning on putting all of them outside now for 6 weeks and then bringing 6 of them inside to flower and let the others flower naturally outside. I think that about covers it so my first question is....Are these growing fast enough or are they stunted? I thought they would grow faster. And second, I would be flowering 6 plants inside a room that is 10'x10' with a 9' ceiling. I was planning on using 2-600w HPS lights. Is that going to be enough light for 6 plants? I've read the grow faq's about lighting and it says I would need more for my sq. footage but it sure seems like two 600w lights should do it. I could make the space smaller if it would help concentrate the light. The only thing that is an unknown for me now is the PH. I don't have any way to check that now. I am using water from a reverse osmosis system. I have a lot of regular house plants that just get watered with the house water. I'm in the country and I have a well, and they are all growing very good, and have been for years, so I thought my water is fine but I'm not sure. And finally.....if anybody is still reading my novel here.....would I be better off letting the indoor plants veg till they are a certain height since I do have 9' ceiling or should I just flower them in 6 weeks regarless of how big they are? I sure appreciate the help.
    I don't know why but I'm not able to post pictures. Any idea of why not.
    your pictures might not be posting because they exceed the size limit

    as for your 9 foot ceilings the longer you let your plants veg the more buds you will get i believe

    its sounds like most of the clones are doing well the ones that are not growing are probly having more trouble rooting ?? not sure

  3. #3
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1
    Last edited by Keith Lake; 03-19-2009 at 08:22 AM.

  4. #4
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    You don't want the plants to get too high, even though you have a 9' ceiling. Mainly because of problems with light dissipation as you move away from the bulb. I think light diminishes by the square of the distance from the lights.

  5. #5
    420 Member hog-dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    Let's see if this works......

  6. #6
    420 Member biggreenbuds4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    i think everything is looking good

    but lets see what the experts have too say

  7. #7
    420 Member hog-dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    Most of them look pretty healthy but it's been 22 days since they were first cut. Does the size look normal or should they be bigger?

  8. #8
    Cannabis Connoisseur Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    Looks very good :-)

  9. #9
    420 Member biggreenbuds4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    the height looks goood for 22 days

    do you have pictures from when you first received the clones ???

  10. #10
    420 Member hog-dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    Quote Originally Posted by biggreenbuds4 View Post
    the height looks goood for 22 days

    do you have pictures from when you first received the clones ???
    No I don't, but if you look at the top picture, the 3rd from the left hasn't really grown at all and is the size they pretty much all were when I got them.

  11. #11
    420 Member biggreenbuds4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    well i think that the one that isnt growing is just gonna be a retard one but all the other ones have rooted and have been starting new growth so they seem healthy doood

    and im not sure on this but u said they were being brought in and outside for a while maybe they have been stressed from that ?? not sure ??

  12. #12
    New Member Budha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    Hi hotdog, my plants are probably about to look like that, well actually they have their first set of leaves, when do you pluck them, if you do? Should I have them under a light now or is keeping them on my windowcil ok?
    Thanks!
    Always token,
    Budha

  13. #13
    420 Member biggreenbuds4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    Quote Originally Posted by Budha View Post
    Hi hotdog, my plants are probably about to look like that, well actually they have their first set of leaves, when do you pluck them, if you do? Should I have them under a light now or is keeping them on my windowcil ok?
    Thanks!
    you do not pluck the leaves the leaves are what makes the plant grow there like the solar panels that catch the light

    i think you need to put your babies under some lights even somthing as simple as a cfl will work

  14. #14
    Cannabis Connoisseur Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    7,976
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    Yes, they are ready for more light.

  15. #15
    Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are these growing too slow??

    The plants look great +16 reps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast