Thread: Height of 12/12 grow from seed?

Post Thanks / Like

Height of 12/12 grow from seed?

When growing 12/12 from seed is their an average or general height that a plant would flower to? I'm thinking of creating a grow-op going 12/12 from seed to finish and I'm debating on the height. I imagine it's relative to the strain and flowering period. I figure 3ft should be enough room but I wanted to hear from some with personal experience. For those out who have completed 12/12 from seed grows, is 3ft overkill? Could I get away with 2ft or 2' 5"?

Fallen Cannabis Warrior Medical Marijuana's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: Height of 12/12 grow from seed?

It is strain specific as you say. I am not sure about heights from 12/12 though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

From seed, about 2 feet. If you start 12/12 after a week in veg about 2 1/2 - 3 feet under HPS, depending on the strain.

Post Thanks / Like

how about from clone
    "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth"; Psalms (ch. CIV, v. 14-15)

Post Thanks / Like

I try to do 12/12 at 2ft tall,some times i get one that will go to 5 or 6ft.Most likely a sativa mix.
    I'm trying some thing different this time i let 6 go to 3ft before 12/12.
    Hoping to get 6 monster plants of Kush and Grapeberry.
    The clones i'll 12/12 at 1 to 2 ft tall.
    Fighting the "War on Drugs" every day

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: Height of 12/12 grow from seed?

Quote Originally Posted by POTential View Post
    When growing 12/12 from seed is their an average or general height that a plant would flower to?
    when growing from a clone that i reveged long enough to get roots how big will it get if I 12/12 the full time
    "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth"; Psalms (ch. CIV, v. 14-15)

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

the answer is not a clear one... Strain, amount of soil, nutes, water , CO2, light, temperature, and over all care ,all play a major role on end results. anywhere from 6 inches to 3 feet +, to answer the main question of the thread. As for clones, 12/12 from seed has nothing to do with clones...

Post Thanks / Like

^
    turned out to be the case. I learn so much more every time. I got one that was brushing the light (I had to tie her down) and one that is only about a foot tall. I'm pretty stoked on the results!

wow it's been quite some time

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the shorter indoor strains will end up 2 to 3 feet if given 12/12 from seed. Sativa's and other outdoor strains can end up much taller. Plants can finish as short at 10 inches if started from a 1" clone.

During the stretch phase one critical parameter is the difference in temperature between night and day. Hotter nights will cause shorter plants.

Nug of the Month: 3rd Place Winner Doctor Dread's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

POTential, I just started a stealth grow about a week ago. I'm trying to keep my plants as small as possible also. In the end I will be glad to share anything I learn with you bro.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all

Plant & Nug of the Month Winner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sfhaze View Post
    Most of the shorter indoor strains will end up 2 to 3 feet if given 12/12 from seed. Sativa's and other outdoor strains can end up much taller. Plants can finish as short at 10 inches if started from a 1" clone.

During the stretch phase one critical parameter is the difference in temperature between night and day. Hotter nights will cause shorter plants.
    Sounds like good info from someone who has experience.

Harry

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow ill have to remember that. HOT nights..... nice. I flowerd at 18" in my fisrt grow and got 3 huge plants Sativia dominance. They are huge. Became way to big for my room.
    Toke_Smoke_Never Choke