Has Anyone Grown Plant As Perennial?

julianne

My son tells of a friend who had a large plant in his backyard that had been growing about 5 years. The stalk was bigger than his arm and it was very potent. I guess they just picked the buds off. I'd like to try this.

Has anyone else ever kept a plant going more than one season?

It is certainly possible. I have a number of times cut back my plants, reveged them and budded again. I have done this twice to the one crop (for a total of three crops from one plant) But each successive crop is smaller than the last.
One of the major contributers to whether this will be possible is the strain of the plant. Roughly, cannabis is divided into cannabis sativa, and cannabis indica.
Sativas are big tropical varieties, and will happily grow and grow, whereas indicas are small and have a limited lifespan and will not perform well when re-grown.

It's always worth a try.

I'm not sure where in the world there is endless summer with 16-18 hours of light a day year round, but I call bullshit / urban legand on the outdoor plant living for 5 years outdoors. Yes re-veg is possible with lights, who knows how many times, but this plant is an annual, dies each fall/winter and re- seeds for the next growing season if males and females are present or I guess hermies. If kept in veg it will stay there and grow indefinatly, sure 5 years + but not outdoors, not possible.

Sure it may work sometimes, after a super short mild winter. I lived in dallas /fort worth area for 2 years and then in oklahoma city for 2 more years, all the plants in my yards that were annuals died each fall/winter and came back each spring. I'm saying maybe once or twice at most out in nature it would be amazingly rare to see a reveg. what I'm calling bullshit on is 5 years running reveg naturally, prove me wrong I'd love to be wrong on this one. Just think of all the farmers who would be using this technique on their corn, tomatos, shit all annual crops, Wait a second maybe this is why they are split into these 2 classifications because there really is a difference. Think about it, really. Not just temperatures are at play here it is light hours also. This place does not exsist on earth, at the equator there is year round 12/12 or close to it, with no real winter, hence spee cees no mercy seed suply method, no veg time but death still comes naturally to these plants as the annual has a set life span in 12/12. You can keep a plant in veg 18/6 forever and never flower it but you need lights for this.

I lived in Ohio for 5 years, the same distance north of the equator as up state NY and it was never 24/0 lighting Nor was it 18/6 24/7. so where in the world is outside lighting 24/0 except for the farthest reigons of north and south, plus they then get the oppsite of 0/24 and the harshist winters on earth so gee wiz it just don't work outside there. Yes with lights, indoors reveg is possible we don't know how many reveges you can get, but with outdoor grows THIS IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE!!!! Plants can get monster big check out the pic section, but it does not mean they have been reveged year after year. They have just been given care and possibly a extended veg season with lights, and sure you can flower parts of a plant without flowering the whole thing, with small special boxes or tarps like you said givving that branch or part 12/12 while the rest of the plant is kept in veg. This does not consitute a full plant reveg though, or growing an annual as a perennial. outside any where left to natural light and or tempature cycles it will die.

I wonder about the possibilities of outdoor revegging continuously at the equator?

on average the equator gets 11-13 hours of sunlight per day year round, Veg period is 16 -18+ hours of light a day so no veg time is naturally available at the equator so thusly no veg = no re-veg ...

Some tropical sativas barely need to go more than 12 hours of light to shut off flowering. In nature they never really get a regular veg period, and so the plants like Thai Sativa, and some equatorial land race strains developed a photo-period that can veg with barely more than 12 hours light. They in turn go into flower by barely going under 12. This has been what I've seen anyway in other grows. If anyone else who actually grows Thai Sativas wants to sound out here that'd be useful I'm sure.

I have grown thai sativas best time i would say is april then they will flower in august.. but i have also tried vegging indoors for 30days then put them outdoors and they seem to go straight into flower...

I am way, way South. This year, I was super lazy. About June I threw some bag-weed seeds into a large pot. I got one nice auto-flower but the rest were sun-light dependent. Without really thinking, I put them on my porch so as to be under a ceiling-fan/light all summer/Fall. After awhile, I realized the light, integrated into the ceiling-fan, was hindering the flower. Finally I shut-off the light around November and got some nice budz. I am harvesting now (finally), and believe it or not, a few really nice tight and amber budz (after being tightly trimmed during ripening) are ready. I've made my pruning cuts close to the flower so as to keep the budz growing and tight.

Now, if I am not mistaken, I am sure a new vegetative grow is happening on all the branches;

Back
Top Bottom