Is there any way to get rid of mold/Fungus from Dried/Cured buds?

Shazbham

I was given 6 - 8 ounces of weed by a person who grew it. When he had to harvest it because he had to move he pulled the plants and put them into garbage bags. over night a white mold/fungus started on some of the buds. He clipped all of the buds that he saw with the white spots on them and put them into glass mason jars. Now I own them.

Is there any way to clean the buds to get rid of the mold? I have the following questions:

1: Can i go through all the buds clipping out the white areas and then smoke what is left without causing myself or the people I smoke with any harm?

2: what about putting the buds in a microwave and nuking them for a couple of minutes on high? Will that get rid of the mold/spores by killing them or will that just kill the THC content?

3: What about saoking the buds in alcohol and then letting them dry so the alcohol will evaporate? Will that work or again will that just kille the bd all together?

4: should i attempt any of these or something else to try and get rid of the mold or just trash them?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this post is a duplicate :(

what about water curing, ive heard it can do wonders for moldy buds but you lose all the flavor(no thc)

i dont know a ton about it but id look into if you want to attempt to keep your bud

i agree with bubbakush and cannalearna.

i have a friend who tried clipping the mold off some weed thinking it may be ok....he was in the hospital for a week.

I agree with all of the above, not worth risking your health.

This guy was good enough to grow 8 ounces and then he stuffs it into garbage bags without drying? Your buddy needs to become a member here and learn how to properly dry and cure his harvest so this doesn't happen again. :peace:

I agree with all of the above, not worth risking your health.

This guy was good enough to grow 8 ounces and then he stuffs it into garbage bags without drying? Your buddy needs to become a member here and learn how to properly dry and cure his harvest so this doesn't happen again. :peace:

Well put RooRman

I was given 6 - 8 ounces of weed by a person who grew it. When he had to harvest it because he had to move he pulled the plants and put them into garbage bags. over night a white mold/fungus started on some of the buds. He clipped all of the buds that he saw with the white spots on them and put them into glass mason jars. Now I own them.

Is there any way to clean the buds to get rid of the mold? I have the following questions:

1: Can i go through all the buds clipping out the white areas and then smoke what is left without causing myself or the people I smoke with any harm?

2: what about putting the buds in a microwave and nuking them for a couple of minutes on high? Will that get rid of the mold/spores by killing them or will that just kill the THC content?

3: What about saoking the buds in alcohol and then letting them dry so the alcohol will evaporate? Will that work or again will that just kille the bd all together?

4: should i attempt any of these or something else to try and get rid of the mold or just trash them?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Sorry if this post is a duplicate :(

Use any of a number of extraction methods to make oil out of your benefaction. Most of these processes should kill any spores and just to cover all the bases, use it to make CannaButter and cook with it.

The heat should kill any nasty bastards that may have survived.

Personally, I'd just smoke the weed or at least use the oil in my vaporizer.

I get WAY too f**ked up when I get into the cookie jar! <BFG>

Back
Top Bottom