How can I lower Humidity

nastyboy

Hi everyone I would really appreciate some help right now. I have 4 OG Kush plants going right now and they are into the 5th day of flowering. My problem is two things. I think they are both related to the humidity but I need to know from some people who really know what they are doing as this is my first time. My room is a regular walk in closet and I Have to keep the door open (even at night but is completely dark) which leads into the sink and bathroom area. I have an air conditioner line going into the actual closet and keep the room about 70-75* all the time. Everything has been going so well it has seemed to easy. When in veg state 70% RH is good but not in the flowering stage (50-60% at most cause of root rot etc.) from what I have read in Jorge Cervantes new book the Medical Growers Bible. I cant even with the room temp always really low, get the RH down below 70% and I think this has created a problem. The plants have not needed to be watered in 5 days! The soil still hasn't gotten dry to the point where it says I should water. And a couple of the leaves have some white spots similar to nute def which I think is cause they are not drinking the water. I have gotten damp rid and it lowered it to 70 from 72%. Does anyone know how to get the humidity down without getting a big Dehumidifier. I have a 4 inch in-line fan that is pulling the hot air out of the room at a very fast rate and the AC Vent blowing directly into the room so the ventilation isn't the problem I think. Light are going to go off in the next 1.5 hrs and I really want to fix this tonight if possible since I have to leave for work before they come on. I work like 16 hrs a day running my business so Its hard to get to them before the cycle changes. Thanks for helping if you could stand to read this whole thing. Just trying to give as much info as I can.

White spots? Sounds like the start of mildew possibly. Does the white spot wipe off at all?
Most growers have the opposite RH problem so I'm not really proficient at reducing RH. My room has a AC in it so it acts as a dehumidifier. I've heard of people using desicant which is what damp rid is. I've also heard of kitty litter being used. other than that...? lol

Dehumidifier

do you leave that exit fan on 24hours?

if you exit enouff hot air its usually not a prob,

i just read about your 16 hour work day.. do you have a timer????

the white spots are mold... :(

you need to go to the grow store

Have a timer for the light and the fans. I just put the most powerful fans that I could fit in there last night hoping that would fix the problem. I didn't have it running all night though. I left it on after the lights and other fans went out for the night about 15 min ago and it increased by 2%. does this make any sense to you cause from everything that I have read the colder the less RH right? I cant find any dehumidifiers around me and I ordered one online but the fastest I can find one is going to take 3-4 days for delivery and they could be ruined by then right? Thanks a lot for helping!

They don't wipe off at all I guess they are kinda whitish/tan if that makes any difference and the spikes on the edge of the leaves are turning dark dark green

if they dont wipe of and are tan they might be light burn, are they at the top?

other wise i use an organic mildew cure and it works good

It cant be light burn I'm only using a 250 watt and they are 36" away from the canopy. I have placed my hand right above and no heat at all. With the organic mildew remover do I also put that into the soil? and what is it called where could I get it?

do you have any pics?

i just got it at the growstore, organic mildew cure, spray every day, untill 2 weeks before harvest, its white and mix with a lot of h20

yeah i thought about mites lil while later.. could be that, if there are a mulitlple little spots, they also are more yellow sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom