pinch off the tips?

* Another still-experimental process to increase the resin it to pinch off the leaf tips as soon as they appear from the time the plant is in the seedling stage on through its entire life-span. This produces a distorted, wrecked-looking plant which would be very difficult to recognize as marijuana. Of course, there is less substance to this plant, but such wrecked creatures have been known to produce so much resin that it crystallizes a strong hash all over the surface of the plant -- might be wise to try it on a plant or two and see what happens.

I, have been doing this to my lil one growing outdoors. If it is a female I guess we can see the results.

I dont see how that would increase resin. But hey give it a whirl. Do you have a clone of that plant to grow normally and compare the differences? If not you dont really have any control in your experiment and whatever result you end up with is pretty much useless data. You have no idea what the pinching actually did to change the plant.

I've been growing outdoors for 20 something years and I have pinched many a top and this doesn't produce more resin from my experiences... but I guess anything is possible...

It's your baby so go for it dude if you want. Me, I try to follow Mother Nature,she put the leaves there so the plant would be able to carry on photosynthsis, which is the process of taking your carefully mixed nutes and combining your light to produce the food that keeps the plant growing. After all, all we are all trying to do is reproduce the natural enviroment that will produce the best plants

Hey Mcbudz, Ct. Greenskunk, Carolinagrow, I should have put quotations on that first paragraph. This is something I read off of a couple of different sites, I would have never have thought up something like that, but since it says it's experimental I said f**** it. I don't have a control, but I do remember that the bud I smoked from where the seed came from had no crystals what so ever. I figured if it works than I guess it would just improve it that much more. This thread was really just to see how many people out there have heard or read this also.
So, Mc,budz I guess when I do have a mother to clone off of, I will have to put the experiment to work and document the findings here in a journal. Smokem if you got em and pinch it if you wanna too.

ya bro you have the right idea, when you pinch off the leaves you let more energy go toward your bud, which is better for you because who doesnt want the biggest bud. Haha

ya bro you have the right idea, when you pinch off the leaves you let more energy go toward your bud, which is better for you because who doesnt want the biggest bud. Haha

Come on, think about it for just a minute, where does the plant get its energy? From the leaves, duh. Without her leaves, she has no way of converting all the good stuff you feed her into energy. Tell me, have you ever seen a 100 year oak without all of its leaves, at least in the summer? If you have, I promise it is dead Mother nature put the leaves there for a reason, and that is a plant's way of making the sugars it needs to live If a plant didn't need leaves, we would just have big telephone poles growing in our National Forests:yummy:

Back
Top Bottom