Thread: pinch off the tips?

420 Member of the Month - February 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Talking pinch off the tips?

* Another still-experimental process to increase the resin it to pinch off the leaf tips as soon as they appear from the time the plant is in the seedling stage on through its entire life-span. This produces a distorted, wrecked-looking plant which would be very difficult to recognize as marijuana. Of course, there is less substance to this plant, but such wrecked creatures have been known to produce so much resin that it crystallizes a strong hash all over the surface of the plant -- might be wise to try it on a plant or two and see what happens.

I, have been doing this to my lil one growing outdoors. If it is a female I guess we can see the results.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: pinch off the tips?

I dont see how that would increase resin. But hey give it a whirl. Do you have a clone of that plant to grow normally and compare the differences? If not you dont really have any control in your experiment and whatever result you end up with is pretty much useless data. You have no idea what the pinching actually did to change the plant.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been growing outdoors for 20 something years and I have pinched many a top and this doesn't produce more resin from my experiences... but I guess anything is possible...

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

It's your baby so go for it dude if you want. Me, I try to follow Mother Nature,she put the leaves there so the plant would be able to carry on photosynthsis, which is the process of taking your carefully mixed nutes and combining your light to produce the food that keeps the plant growing. After all, all we are all trying to do is reproduce the natural enviroment that will produce the best plants

420 Member of the Month - February 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hey Mcbudz, Ct. Greenskunk, Carolinagrow, I should have put quotations on that first paragraph. This is something I read off of a couple of different sites, I would have never have thought up something like that, but since it says it's experimental I said f**** it. I don't have a control, but I do remember that the bud I smoked from where the seed came from had no crystals what so ever. I figured if it works than I guess it would just improve it that much more. This thread was really just to see how many people out there have heard or read this also.
    So, Mc,budz I guess when I do have a mother to clone off of, I will have to put the experiment to work and document the findings here in a journal. Smokem if you got em and pinch it if you wanna too.

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

i have heard the pinching will produce more shoots, not more resins. but hey keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

ya bro you have the right idea, when you pinch off the leaves you let more energy go toward your bud, which is better for you because who doesnt want the biggest bud. Haha

420 Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cMatson View Post
    ya bro you have the right idea, when you pinch off the leaves you let more energy go toward your bud, which is better for you because who doesnt want the biggest bud. Haha
    Come on, think about it for just a minute, where does the plant get its energy? From the leaves, duh. Without her leaves, she has no way of converting all the good stuff you feed her into energy. Tell me, have you ever seen a 100 year oak without all of its leaves, at least in the summer? If you have, I promise it is dead Mother nature put the leaves there for a reason, and that is a plant's way of making the sugars it needs to live If a plant didn't need leaves, we would just have big telephone poles growing in our National Forests

Plant of the Month Winner - April 2008 DEAN420's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^^
    Lol
    How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!

If humanity wishes to save itself from biospheric destruction it must return to living in natural time